Mido impressed with link Levy’s created between Tottenham and Ajax
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The one-time Spurs forward discussed Daniel Levy and the number of players who joined Tottenham from Ajax
Former Spurs forward Mido is impressed with the link the club have created with another one of his old sides Ajax.
The 35-year-old was back in the capital recently and watched Tottenham Hotspur win 3-1 against Fulham on Saturday.
Speaking last Friday on Sky Sports News, the ex-Egyptian international discussed the link between Spurs and Ajax.
Mido said: “I think Mauricio Pochettino is a great manager and the way Tottenham have been playing over the last few years is magnificent.
You may also want to watch:
“To play out from the back and always keep possession and counter-attack and press high – Tottenham have been scary and they have lots of talent in this team.
“I think Daniel Levy has been clever in the way he brings players in and you can see that from the players they have who have been with Ajax.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
“Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, (Davinson) Sanchez and (Christian) Eriksen are four players from Ajax and if you bring players from Ajax, you guarantee quality and this is very clever from Daniel Levy.”
Mido, who flourished at times during his two-and-a-half year spell at White Hart Lane, went on to credit the way the Spurs chairman runs the club.
After trying sporting directors in the past, Levy now deals with transfers himself and it seems a tactic Pochettino is comfortable with.
The Tottenham chairman and manager appear to understand the different challenges they face and usually work well when it comes to signing or selling players.
Even though Spurs failed to bring in a single player during the most recent transfer window, Mido believes Levy does a good job.
He added: “Ajax have the best scouting team in the world, they always scout the right players and it has been clever for Tottenham to deal with Ajax.
“Daniel Levy, after so many years as the chairman, now knows the best way to run the club.
“He tried sporting directors, people like Franco Baldini and Damien Comolli – great people, but now he knows the right thing to do is to do things himself with the manager Pochettino.”