Millfields Park mugger jailed for four years
A thug who stole expensive smart phones from passersby in a string of muggings around Hackney’s Millfields Park has been jailed for four years.
Reiss Hunter often followed his victims - who were mostly male - as they got off a bus in Lower Clapton and threatened to shoot or stab them if they did not hand over their valuables.
On one occasion, the 20-year-old of Paradise Park, Lea Bridge Road, attacked a man in Millfields Road and stole cash and an iPhone mobile telephone worth �300.
Hunter was sentenced to four years in prison at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (August 5) for four counts of robbery and a further count of attempted robbery after pleading guilty on July 17.
Det Insp Glenn Butler, from Hackney’s robbery unit, said: “This brings to a conclusion a very successful investigation by Hackney officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Hunter has today been sentenced and I hope this will be a timely reminder to all those involved in robbery that we will do everything in our power to bring them to justice and they will potentially face a lengthy time in prison.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted