Millfields Park mugger jailed for four years
A thug who stole expensive smart phones from passersby in a string of muggings around Hackney’s Millfields Park has been jailed for four years.
Reiss Hunter often followed his victims - who were mostly male - as they got off a bus in Lower Clapton and threatened to shoot or stab them if they did not hand over their valuables.
On one occasion, the 20-year-old of Paradise Park, Lea Bridge Road, attacked a man in Millfields Road and stole cash and an iPhone mobile telephone worth �300.
Hunter was sentenced to four years in prison at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (August 5) for four counts of robbery and a further count of attempted robbery after pleading guilty on July 17.
Det Insp Glenn Butler, from Hackney’s robbery unit, said: “This brings to a conclusion a very successful investigation by Hackney officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Hunter has today been sentenced and I hope this will be a timely reminder to all those involved in robbery that we will do everything in our power to bring them to justice and they will potentially face a lengthy time in prison.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase