Millfields Park mugger jailed for four years
A thug who stole expensive smart phones from passersby in a string of muggings around Hackney’s Millfields Park has been jailed for four years.
Reiss Hunter often followed his victims - who were mostly male - as they got off a bus in Lower Clapton and threatened to shoot or stab them if they did not hand over their valuables.
On one occasion, the 20-year-old of Paradise Park, Lea Bridge Road, attacked a man in Millfields Road and stole cash and an iPhone mobile telephone worth �300.
Hunter was sentenced to four years in prison at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (August 5) for four counts of robbery and a further count of attempted robbery after pleading guilty on July 17.
Det Insp Glenn Butler, from Hackney’s robbery unit, said: “This brings to a conclusion a very successful investigation by Hackney officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Hunter has today been sentenced and I hope this will be a timely reminder to all those involved in robbery that we will do everything in our power to bring them to justice and they will potentially face a lengthy time in prison.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers