Missing from Dalston: Murphy Baptiste, 76, who has advanced dementia and diabetes
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to find a vulnerable missing man with advanced dementia who requires daily medication for diabetes.
Murphy Baptiste, 76, left his home in Greenacre Court, Dalston Lane - which he shares with his long term partner - yesterday morning at 11am, saying he was on his way to Ridley Road Market.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID who is leading the investigation into Murphy’s disappearance said: “Mr Baptiste requires vital daily medication for his diabetes and is likely to be in a confused state.
“He is known to travel on buses and frequent the Dalston and Holloway areas of London.
“If seen, please call police immediately so that he can be provided with the critical professional support he requires.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baptiste is a black male, 6ft tall, large build with a short grey beard, and wears glasses.
At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a green jacket, dark jeans, light coloured shirt and black trainers.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Anyone with information on his whereabouts to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting reference 16MIS019288.