Missing from Dalston: Murphy Baptiste, 76, who has advanced dementia and diabetes
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to find a vulnerable missing man with advanced dementia who requires daily medication for diabetes.
Murphy Baptiste, 76, left his home in Greenacre Court, Dalston Lane - which he shares with his long term partner - yesterday morning at 11am, saying he was on his way to Ridley Road Market.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID who is leading the investigation into Murphy’s disappearance said: “Mr Baptiste requires vital daily medication for his diabetes and is likely to be in a confused state.
“He is known to travel on buses and frequent the Dalston and Holloway areas of London.
“If seen, please call police immediately so that he can be provided with the critical professional support he requires.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baptiste is a black male, 6ft tall, large build with a short grey beard, and wears glasses.
At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a green jacket, dark jeans, light coloured shirt and black trainers.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
Anyone with information on his whereabouts to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting reference 16MIS019288.