Missing from Dalston: Murphy Baptiste, 76, who has advanced dementia and diabetes
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to find a vulnerable missing man with advanced dementia who requires daily medication for diabetes.
Murphy Baptiste, 76, left his home in Greenacre Court, Dalston Lane - which he shares with his long term partner - yesterday morning at 11am, saying he was on his way to Ridley Road Market.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID who is leading the investigation into Murphy’s disappearance said: “Mr Baptiste requires vital daily medication for his diabetes and is likely to be in a confused state.
“He is known to travel on buses and frequent the Dalston and Holloway areas of London.
“If seen, please call police immediately so that he can be provided with the critical professional support he requires.”
Mr Baptiste is a black male, 6ft tall, large build with a short grey beard, and wears glasses.
At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a green jacket, dark jeans, light coloured shirt and black trainers.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 5 things to look forward to at All Points East Festival 2022
- 7 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 10 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
Anyone with information on his whereabouts to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting reference 16MIS019288.