Missing from Dalston: Murphy Baptiste, 76, who has advanced dementia and diabetes
- Credit: Archant
Police in Hackney are appealing for help to find a vulnerable missing man with advanced dementia who requires daily medication for diabetes.
Murphy Baptiste, 76, left his home in Greenacre Court, Dalston Lane - which he shares with his long term partner - yesterday morning at 11am, saying he was on his way to Ridley Road Market.
DI Paul Ridley from Hackney CID who is leading the investigation into Murphy’s disappearance said: “Mr Baptiste requires vital daily medication for his diabetes and is likely to be in a confused state.
“He is known to travel on buses and frequent the Dalston and Holloway areas of London.
“If seen, please call police immediately so that he can be provided with the critical professional support he requires.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baptiste is a black male, 6ft tall, large build with a short grey beard, and wears glasses.
At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a green jacket, dark jeans, light coloured shirt and black trainers.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Anyone with information on his whereabouts to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting reference 16MIS019288.