Missing from Hackney for over a week: Shai Morgan, 14
- Credit: Archant
Officers from Hackney are concerned for the safety of a teenage girl who has been missing for over a week.
Shai Morgan, 14, visited her grandmother in Victoria Park on July 13, and said she did not intend to return home to Waltham Forest where she had been living with foster carers.
She has not been seen by her foster carers or her grandmother since then.
Shai was seen outside her former school, Cardinal Pole in Morning Lane on Tuesday by a teacher.
Detective Inspector Paul Ridley from Hackney CID said: “Shai is known to associate with groups of youths in Hackney and she may be at risk of being exploited by them.”
You may also want to watch:
“Shai is a vulnerable young female who left her home address without any personal belongings or change of clothes.
“Officers are dedicated to locating her, but I urgently require assistance from the public who may have seen her. She is not in any trouble; my sole priority is locating and re-uniting her with concerned family.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
She is described as a white girl, 5ft 6ins in height and of medium build with shoulder length dark brown hair.
She is known to frequent the Victoria Park and Wick Road areas in Hackney.
Anyone with information should call the Hackney Police Missing Person Unit on 07990 795 873 or Missing People on 116 000 quoting reference 16MIS030370.