Missing from Hackney for over a week: Shai Morgan, 14
- Credit: Archant
Officers from Hackney are concerned for the safety of a teenage girl who has been missing for over a week.
Shai Morgan, 14, visited her grandmother in Victoria Park on July 13, and said she did not intend to return home to Waltham Forest where she had been living with foster carers.
She has not been seen by her foster carers or her grandmother since then.
Shai was seen outside her former school, Cardinal Pole in Morning Lane on Tuesday by a teacher.
Detective Inspector Paul Ridley from Hackney CID said: “Shai is known to associate with groups of youths in Hackney and she may be at risk of being exploited by them.”
“Shai is a vulnerable young female who left her home address without any personal belongings or change of clothes.
“Officers are dedicated to locating her, but I urgently require assistance from the public who may have seen her. She is not in any trouble; my sole priority is locating and re-uniting her with concerned family.”
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
She is described as a white girl, 5ft 6ins in height and of medium build with shoulder length dark brown hair.
She is known to frequent the Victoria Park and Wick Road areas in Hackney.
Anyone with information should call the Hackney Police Missing Person Unit on 07990 795 873 or Missing People on 116 000 quoting reference 16MIS030370.