Hoxton’s Monster Supplies shop launches letter exchange with lonely monsters - just in time for Halloween
- Credit: Archant
A postal service offering a “letter exchange with lonely monsters” is launching at the children’s literacy charity Minstry of Stories – just in time for Halloween.
The new counter at the Monster Supplies shop in Hoxton Street was unveiled at the weekend.
Six monsters have signed-up for the scheme – Yeti, Mummy, Werewolf, Dragon, Vampire and a Monster in the Cupboard - and will be on hand to reply to letters.
The shop will open late tomorrow night, from 1pm to 8pm, so that trick-or-treaters can write a letter before the evening’s festivities.
Unique replies to letters cost £5, or £2 for local children, and can be expected within a month. Replies can be collected in store or by post for an additional £1. All profits will go towards the children’s creative writing charity Ministry of Stories, hidden behind the shop’s secret door.
You may also want to watch:
It was founded eight years ago by educationalists Lucy Macnab and Ben Payne and Fever Pitch author Nick Hornby.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways