Hoxton’s Monster Supplies shop launches letter exchange with lonely monsters - just in time for Halloween
- Credit: Archant
A postal service offering a “letter exchange with lonely monsters” is launching at the children’s literacy charity Minstry of Stories – just in time for Halloween.
The new counter at the Monster Supplies shop in Hoxton Street was unveiled at the weekend.
Six monsters have signed-up for the scheme – Yeti, Mummy, Werewolf, Dragon, Vampire and a Monster in the Cupboard - and will be on hand to reply to letters.
The shop will open late tomorrow night, from 1pm to 8pm, so that trick-or-treaters can write a letter before the evening’s festivities.
Unique replies to letters cost £5, or £2 for local children, and can be expected within a month. Replies can be collected in store or by post for an additional £1. All profits will go towards the children’s creative writing charity Ministry of Stories, hidden behind the shop’s secret door.
You may also want to watch:
It was founded eight years ago by educationalists Lucy Macnab and Ben Payne and Fever Pitch author Nick Hornby.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images