Hackney cops spot moped driver with 55” Samsung TV behind him - strapped on only by sellotape
- Credit: MPS Hackney
Eagle-eyed cops thought they were mistaken when they spotted a man driving around with a 55 inch TV perched precariously on the back of his moped, strapped on only by sellotape.
"Sometimes during night shifts you think your eyes deceive you due to tiredness," one officer from Hackney's 'D team' posted on Twitter in the early hours this morning, after being on patrol in Clapton.
"A quick blink, and no, you confirm what you thought you first saw."
They shared pictures of the man, whose face has been blurred, sitting astride his bike with several layers of sellotape wrapped around his chest attaching him to the massive Samsung box behind him. The sight has provoked plenty of jokes on the social media site.
"To be fair, at least he wasn't watching Love Island too. Was he?" quipped one joker.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm sure you checked his TV license status too," added another.
"It's just a very large pizza," said someone else.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 10 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
"One small push and he'd fall like a Domino!"
Police have not yet confirmed what action they took.