Hackney cops spot moped driver with 55” Samsung TV behind him - strapped on only by sellotape
- Credit: MPS Hackney
Eagle-eyed cops thought they were mistaken when they spotted a man driving around with a 55 inch TV perched precariously on the back of his moped, strapped on only by sellotape.
"Sometimes during night shifts you think your eyes deceive you due to tiredness," one officer from Hackney's 'D team' posted on Twitter in the early hours this morning, after being on patrol in Clapton.
"A quick blink, and no, you confirm what you thought you first saw."
They shared pictures of the man, whose face has been blurred, sitting astride his bike with several layers of sellotape wrapped around his chest attaching him to the massive Samsung box behind him. The sight has provoked plenty of jokes on the social media site.
"To be fair, at least he wasn't watching Love Island too. Was he?" quipped one joker.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm sure you checked his TV license status too," added another.
"It's just a very large pizza," said someone else.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
"One small push and he'd fall like a Domino!"
Police have not yet confirmed what action they took.