Hackney cops spot moped driver with 55” Samsung TV behind him - strapped on only by sellotape
- Credit: MPS Hackney
Eagle-eyed cops thought they were mistaken when they spotted a man driving around with a 55 inch TV perched precariously on the back of his moped, strapped on only by sellotape.
"Sometimes during night shifts you think your eyes deceive you due to tiredness," one officer from Hackney's 'D team' posted on Twitter in the early hours this morning, after being on patrol in Clapton.
"A quick blink, and no, you confirm what you thought you first saw."
They shared pictures of the man, whose face has been blurred, sitting astride his bike with several layers of sellotape wrapped around his chest attaching him to the massive Samsung box behind him. The sight has provoked plenty of jokes on the social media site.
"To be fair, at least he wasn't watching Love Island too. Was he?" quipped one joker.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm sure you checked his TV license status too," added another.
"It's just a very large pizza," said someone else.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
"One small push and he'd fall like a Domino!"
Police have not yet confirmed what action they took.