More stallholders wanted to join special Well Street Christmas market
Well Street traders are appealing for more stallholders to join them for a special festive market.
There will be at least one stall given to young people at the market in South Hackney on Saturday December 14 so they can learn how to operate a stall, keep accounts, and market and sell products.
There are also other community stalls lined up and some commercial stalls, but organiser, Ian Rathbone, who is secretary of Well Street Traders and Residents Association (WESTRA) is desperate to up the figure from 19 stalls to at least 25.
“This is a pilot pre-Christmas festival to encourage local people to tap into Hackney’s entrepreneurial enterprise spirit, by creating a market festival,” he said.
“We welcome those who are thinking about trading to come and try it out on a one off basis.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction