More stallholders wanted to join special Well Street Christmas market
Well Street traders are appealing for more stallholders to join them for a special festive market.
There will be at least one stall given to young people at the market in South Hackney on Saturday December 14 so they can learn how to operate a stall, keep accounts, and market and sell products.
There are also other community stalls lined up and some commercial stalls, but organiser, Ian Rathbone, who is secretary of Well Street Traders and Residents Association (WESTRA) is desperate to up the figure from 19 stalls to at least 25.
“This is a pilot pre-Christmas festival to encourage local people to tap into Hackney’s entrepreneurial enterprise spirit, by creating a market festival,” he said.
“We welcome those who are thinking about trading to come and try it out on a one off basis.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate