More stallholders wanted to join special Well Street Christmas market
Well Street traders are appealing for more stallholders to join them for a special festive market.
There will be at least one stall given to young people at the market in South Hackney on Saturday December 14 so they can learn how to operate a stall, keep accounts, and market and sell products.
There are also other community stalls lined up and some commercial stalls, but organiser, Ian Rathbone, who is secretary of Well Street Traders and Residents Association (WESTRA) is desperate to up the figure from 19 stalls to at least 25.
“This is a pilot pre-Christmas festival to encourage local people to tap into Hackney’s entrepreneurial enterprise spirit, by creating a market festival,” he said.
“We welcome those who are thinking about trading to come and try it out on a one off basis.”
For more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney