More stallholders wanted to join special Well Street Christmas market
Well Street traders are appealing for more stallholders to join them for a special festive market.
There will be at least one stall given to young people at the market in South Hackney on Saturday December 14 so they can learn how to operate a stall, keep accounts, and market and sell products.
There are also other community stalls lined up and some commercial stalls, but organiser, Ian Rathbone, who is secretary of Well Street Traders and Residents Association (WESTRA) is desperate to up the figure from 19 stalls to at least 25.
“This is a pilot pre-Christmas festival to encourage local people to tap into Hackney’s entrepreneurial enterprise spirit, by creating a market festival,” he said.
“We welcome those who are thinking about trading to come and try it out on a one off basis.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition