More tube lines open despite strike - latest travel news
Only one line closed due to industrial action
MORE tube lines have opened as the unions planned 24-hour strike appears to have been shrugged off by hardy Londoners.
Around 75 per cent of the network is up and running with extra buses being put on after the RMT and TSSA unions went on a 24-jour strike from 6.30pm yesterday.
The unions are striking over fears that Transport for London (TfL) is planning to get rid of around 800 station staff posts, reduce ticket office opening times by around 7,500 hours, carry out essential maintenance checks on trains every four weeks instead of every two weeks and cut the number of train drivers’ posts.
The latest travel news:
You may also want to watch:
* Bakerloo Line - Trains are operating between Elephant & Castle and Queens Park only.
* Central Line - Special services are operating between Leytonstone and White City.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
* Circle Line – Suspended.
* District Line - Trains are operating between Ealing Broadway/Wimbledon and Barking only.Suspended between Barking and Upminster, Turnham Green and Richmond, Earls Court and Edgware Road, and between Earls Court and Kensington Olympia.
* Hammersmith & City Line - Trains are operating between Baker Street and Hammersmith only. Suspended between Liverpool Street and Barking due to strike action
* Jubilee Line - Trains are operating between Wembley Park and Stratford only. Suspended between Wembley Park and Stanmore.
* Metropolitan Line - Special services are operating between Aldgate and Amersham, Chesham and Uxbridge. Suspended between Northwood and Watford.
* Northern Line – Full line working although some stations closed.
* Piccadilly Line - Trains are operating between Acton Town and Heathrow and between Cockfosters and Arnos Grove. Suspended between Acton Town and Finsbury Park and Acton Town and Uxbridge.
* Victoria Line - Special services are operating between Walthamstow Central and Brixton.
* There is a good service on the Waterloo & City Line and DLR.
* The London Overground is suspended at Harrow & Wealdstone due to signal failure.
Severe delays are occurring between Stratford and Richmond and between Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction due to earlier signalling problems.
Are you in London? How are you coping with the strike? You can send us your travel experiences and photos using the email above.