Mother and toddler pronounced dead in their Hackney home
- Credit: Archant
A mother aged in her 40s and a two-year old child were pronounced dead this morning, after police and the London Ambulance Service were called to their home on the Kingsmead Estate just after 9am.
The pair were found to be “suffering from injuries” in the property in Oswald’s Mead, off Lindisfarne Way in Homerton along with a man in his 50s.
The man was taken to an East London hospital.
A police spokesman said: “At the moment officers from Hackney and the specialist crime directorate are at the scene, inquiries continue to establish the circumstances.”
There have been no arrests at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Some roads are closed in the area.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school