Mother and toddler pronounced dead in their Hackney home
- Credit: Archant
A mother aged in her 40s and a two-year old child were pronounced dead this morning, after police and the London Ambulance Service were called to their home on the Kingsmead Estate just after 9am.
The pair were found to be “suffering from injuries” in the property in Oswald’s Mead, off Lindisfarne Way in Homerton along with a man in his 50s.
The man was taken to an East London hospital.
A police spokesman said: “At the moment officers from Hackney and the specialist crime directorate are at the scene, inquiries continue to establish the circumstances.”
There have been no arrests at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Some roads are closed in the area.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared