Mother and toddler pronounced dead in their Hackney home
- Credit: Archant
A mother aged in her 40s and a two-year old child were pronounced dead this morning, after police and the London Ambulance Service were called to their home on the Kingsmead Estate just after 9am.
The pair were found to be “suffering from injuries” in the property in Oswald’s Mead, off Lindisfarne Way in Homerton along with a man in his 50s.
The man was taken to an East London hospital.
A police spokesman said: “At the moment officers from Hackney and the specialist crime directorate are at the scene, inquiries continue to establish the circumstances.”
There have been no arrests at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
Some roads are closed in the area.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic