Mother’s heartfelt appeal to trace missing daughter
- Credit: Archant
The family of a woman who disappeared from her home in Hackney on Bonfire night have put out a heartfelt appeal to try and trace her.
Alicja Stawkowski, 37, was last seen on Thursday November 5 at around 10am leaving her home.
The last known sighting of her was six days later in Cornwall on Thursday November 11.
Photographs of a potential sighting of Alicja were released by police three days later, showing a woman in similar clothes alighting at Penzance train station.
The Met has today renewed the appeal to trace her by releasing a new image.
You may also want to watch:
Alicja is known to suffer from depression and her family are concerned for her welfare.
Magaret Stawkowski, Alicja’s mother, said: “My beautiful, talented, and very sick daughter Alicja is missing. Her whereabouts are still unknown.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
“My heart cannot find rest while you are gone, everything has lost its colour since you are not here, I miss you, we miss you, and your son, sister and father are missing you.”
Devon and Cornwall Police had been assisting the Metropolitan Police in their efforts to find her, but after last week’s widening of their search they felt they had contributed enough and called their search off on Friday.
Since her disappearance Cornish police and coastguards have been conducting a broad search of the area, employing the use of helicopters and lifeboats.
Alicja is described as white, of slim build, with long hair; she is around 5ft 6ins tall and left home wearing a black baseball cap, black jacket and black trousers.
Anyone with information on Alicia’s whereabouts is asked to call Hackney CID on 07795315731, the police non-emergency line on 101 or the charity Missing People on 116 000.