Mother’s heartfelt appeal to trace missing daughter
- Credit: Archant
The family of a woman who disappeared from her home in Hackney on Bonfire night have put out a heartfelt appeal to try and trace her.
Alicja Stawkowski, 37, was last seen on Thursday November 5 at around 10am leaving her home.
The last known sighting of her was six days later in Cornwall on Thursday November 11.
Photographs of a potential sighting of Alicja were released by police three days later, showing a woman in similar clothes alighting at Penzance train station.
The Met has today renewed the appeal to trace her by releasing a new image.
You may also want to watch:
Alicja is known to suffer from depression and her family are concerned for her welfare.
Magaret Stawkowski, Alicja’s mother, said: “My beautiful, talented, and very sick daughter Alicja is missing. Her whereabouts are still unknown.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
“My heart cannot find rest while you are gone, everything has lost its colour since you are not here, I miss you, we miss you, and your son, sister and father are missing you.”
Devon and Cornwall Police had been assisting the Metropolitan Police in their efforts to find her, but after last week’s widening of their search they felt they had contributed enough and called their search off on Friday.
Since her disappearance Cornish police and coastguards have been conducting a broad search of the area, employing the use of helicopters and lifeboats.
Alicja is described as white, of slim build, with long hair; she is around 5ft 6ins tall and left home wearing a black baseball cap, black jacket and black trousers.
Anyone with information on Alicia’s whereabouts is asked to call Hackney CID on 07795315731, the police non-emergency line on 101 or the charity Missing People on 116 000.