Mother to appear in court charged with murdering girl, 4, in Lower Clapton
The mother of a four-year-old girl stabbed to death in Lower Clapton is due in court this afternoon charged with her murder.
The child’s disembowelled corpse was discovered in a third-floor flat on the Chatsworth Estate in Elderfield Road shortly after 3pm on December 16 last year.
Her mother was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. She was later sectioned under the Mental Health Act and remains in a secure unit.
Police have now charged the 36-year-old and she is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this afternoon.
A post-mortem examination on December 18 at Poplar Mortuary gave no formal cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest opened at Poplar Coroner’s Court on December 20.
Officers from the Child Abuse Investigation Command Major Investigation Team are investigating.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds