Mother to appear in court charged with murdering girl, 4, in Lower Clapton
The mother of a four-year-old girl stabbed to death in Lower Clapton is due in court this afternoon charged with her murder.
The child’s disembowelled corpse was discovered in a third-floor flat on the Chatsworth Estate in Elderfield Road shortly after 3pm on December 16 last year.
Her mother was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. She was later sectioned under the Mental Health Act and remains in a secure unit.
Police have now charged the 36-year-old and she is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this afternoon.
A post-mortem examination on December 18 at Poplar Mortuary gave no formal cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest opened at Poplar Coroner’s Court on December 20.
Officers from the Child Abuse Investigation Command Major Investigation Team are investigating.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers