Motorists advised to avoid Shoreditch as man threatens to jump off building
- Credit: Archant
Police negotiators are trying to persuade a man to get down off the roof of a building in Kingsland Road.
The Met was called just before 10.30am this morning to reports of a man in his mid-30s threatening to jump off a block of flats near the junction with Waterson Street.
The man is still on the roof and police remain at the scene with the London Fire Brigade.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area, as traffic chaos has ensued as part of the A10 is closed off.
Kingsland Road is shut from the junction with Old Street and Hackney Road up to the junction with Falkirk Street.
You may also want to watch:
According to TfL all routes towards Kingsland Road are affected, with long queues and “serious delays” in Old Street, City Road and Hackney Road.
Bus routes 67, 149, 242 and 243 are subject to diversion and delays.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition