Motorists advised to avoid Shoreditch as man threatens to jump off building
- Credit: Archant
Police negotiators are trying to persuade a man to get down off the roof of a building in Kingsland Road.
The Met was called just before 10.30am this morning to reports of a man in his mid-30s threatening to jump off a block of flats near the junction with Waterson Street.
The man is still on the roof and police remain at the scene with the London Fire Brigade.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area, as traffic chaos has ensued as part of the A10 is closed off.
Kingsland Road is shut from the junction with Old Street and Hackney Road up to the junction with Falkirk Street.
You may also want to watch:
According to TfL all routes towards Kingsland Road are affected, with long queues and “serious delays” in Old Street, City Road and Hackney Road.
Bus routes 67, 149, 242 and 243 are subject to diversion and delays.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch