Motorists advised to avoid Shoreditch as man threatens to jump off building
- Credit: Archant
Police negotiators are trying to persuade a man to get down off the roof of a building in Kingsland Road.
The Met was called just before 10.30am this morning to reports of a man in his mid-30s threatening to jump off a block of flats near the junction with Waterson Street.
The man is still on the roof and police remain at the scene with the London Fire Brigade.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area, as traffic chaos has ensued as part of the A10 is closed off.
Kingsland Road is shut from the junction with Old Street and Hackney Road up to the junction with Falkirk Street.
You may also want to watch:
According to TfL all routes towards Kingsland Road are affected, with long queues and “serious delays” in Old Street, City Road and Hackney Road.
Bus routes 67, 149, 242 and 243 are subject to diversion and delays.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing