Man arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal Upper Clapton stabbing
- Credit: Google street view
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Upper Clapton last night.
Police were called to a home in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm following reports of a disturbance.
A man was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
Enquiries are underway to confirm his identity and to notify his next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at a north London police station.
Homicide detectives from the Met's specialist crime command are investigating.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD9064/24Jan.
Alternatively call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.