Man arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal Upper Clapton stabbing
- Credit: Google street view
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Upper Clapton last night.
Police were called to a home in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm following reports of a disturbance.
A man was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
Enquiries are underway to confirm his identity and to notify his next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at a north London police station.
Homicide detectives from the Met's specialist crime command are investigating.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD9064/24Jan.
Alternatively call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.