Man arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal Upper Clapton stabbing
- Credit: Google street view
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Upper Clapton last night.
Police were called to a home in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm following reports of a disturbance.
A man was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
Enquiries are underway to confirm his identity and to notify his next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at a north London police station.
Homicide detectives from the Met's specialist crime command are investigating.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD9064/24Jan.
Alternatively call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.