Man arrested on suspicion of murder after fatal Upper Clapton stabbing
- Credit: Google street view
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Upper Clapton last night.
Police were called to a home in Mount Pleasant Lane at 11.30pm following reports of a disturbance.
A man was found inside with stab injuries, and despite the efforts of emergency services, he was declared dead a short time later.
Enquiries are underway to confirm his identity and to notify his next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at a north London police station.
Homicide detectives from the Met's specialist crime command are investigating.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD9064/24Jan.
Alternatively call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.