Mourinho raises possibility injured Kane could miss Euro 2020
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho has raised the possibility that Harry Kane could be out until next season and miss Euro 2020.
Kane underwent surgery on a hamstring injury on Saturday after suffering a ruptured tendon at Southampton on New Year's Day and Spurs have said they expect him to be back in training some time in April.
Mourinho has been asked repeatably when exactly the England captain might return, but has not been able to be more specific.
He was again questioned ahead of Spurs' FA Cup replay with Middlesbrough on Tuesday and his throwaway answer suggested there could be some doubt over Kane's participation at the European Championships this summer.
"News on Harry we don't have and if you ask me every time we come here the answer will be the same," Mourinho said.
You may also want to watch:
"We expect him to be out until, I don't know, mid-April, end of April, May, next season I don't know.
"I have no updates to give on Harry."
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Kane tweeted from his hospital bed that his operation had been a success and that he was keen to get on with his recovery.
The striker has a history of recovering quickly from injuries, but Mourinho's comments will concern England boss Gareth Southgate ahead of a summer tournament where his side play their three group games at Wembley.
Kane was the leading scorer in Euro 2020 qualifying with 12 goals.
The Three Lions play their first game of the tournament against Croatia on June 14.