Mourinho praises predecessor Pochettino for his work at Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Newly-appointed Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has praised former manager Mauricio Pochettino for his efforts at the club.
The former Chelsea manager was appointed as the Argentine's replacement less than 12 hours after he was sacked by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for their poor fortunes in the Premier League so far this campaign.
Although they sit 14th after a miserable start, the former Southampton man Pochettino did guide Spurs to four top four finishes in his five seasons, and a Champions League final while playing out of Wembley for 18 months.
"I have to speak about Mauricio.I have to congratulate him on the incredible job he did," the 56-year-old said.
"I share with you what we shared inside. This club will always be his home, this training ground his training ground. He is always welcome here. "Tomorrow is another day. He will find happiness soon. He will give everything like he did at this club.
You may also want to watch:
"He will leave with sadness with the feeling that he did great work. It is what everyone at the club felt."
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week