Mourinho praises predecessor Pochettino for his work at Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Newly-appointed Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has praised former manager Mauricio Pochettino for his efforts at the club.
The former Chelsea manager was appointed as the Argentine's replacement less than 12 hours after he was sacked by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for their poor fortunes in the Premier League so far this campaign.
Although they sit 14th after a miserable start, the former Southampton man Pochettino did guide Spurs to four top four finishes in his five seasons, and a Champions League final while playing out of Wembley for 18 months.
"I have to speak about Mauricio.I have to congratulate him on the incredible job he did," the 56-year-old said.
"I share with you what we shared inside. This club will always be his home, this training ground his training ground. He is always welcome here. "Tomorrow is another day. He will find happiness soon. He will give everything like he did at this club.
You may also want to watch:
"He will leave with sadness with the feeling that he did great work. It is what everyone at the club felt."
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web