Mourinho praises predecessor Pochettino for his work at Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Newly-appointed Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has praised former manager Mauricio Pochettino for his efforts at the club.
The former Chelsea manager was appointed as the Argentine's replacement less than 12 hours after he was sacked by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for their poor fortunes in the Premier League so far this campaign.
Although they sit 14th after a miserable start, the former Southampton man Pochettino did guide Spurs to four top four finishes in his five seasons, and a Champions League final while playing out of Wembley for 18 months.
"I have to speak about Mauricio.I have to congratulate him on the incredible job he did," the 56-year-old said.
"I share with you what we shared inside. This club will always be his home, this training ground his training ground. He is always welcome here. "Tomorrow is another day. He will find happiness soon. He will give everything like he did at this club.
You may also want to watch:
"He will leave with sadness with the feeling that he did great work. It is what everyone at the club felt."
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington