Dembele seals move to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The 31-year-old bids farewell to Spurs after making 250 appearances for the club
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed midfielder Mousa Dembele has completed his move to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F.
Spurs announced the news this morning and it comes after weeks of speculation regarding the future of the Belgium international.
Dembele was originally set to complete a switch to Beijing Guoan, but Guangzhou swooped in to get a deal done with the Lilywhites instead.
A statement on the Spurs website read: “We have reached agreement with Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F for the transfer of Mousa Dembele, subject to international clearance.
You may also want to watch:
“The Belgium midfielder joined us from Fulham in August, 2012, and scored on his debut three days later against Norwich City.
“He established himself as a key player in our starting XI and went on to make 250 appearances in total, scoring 10 goals.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
“Mousa has been capped 82 times for Belgium and was part of the Red Devils’ squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia. We wish Mousa all the best for the future.”