Dembele seals move to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The 31-year-old bids farewell to Spurs after making 250 appearances for the club
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed midfielder Mousa Dembele has completed his move to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F.
Spurs announced the news this morning and it comes after weeks of speculation regarding the future of the Belgium international.
Dembele was originally set to complete a switch to Beijing Guoan, but Guangzhou swooped in to get a deal done with the Lilywhites instead.
A statement on the Spurs website read: “We have reached agreement with Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F for the transfer of Mousa Dembele, subject to international clearance.
You may also want to watch:
“The Belgium midfielder joined us from Fulham in August, 2012, and scored on his debut three days later against Norwich City.
“He established himself as a key player in our starting XI and went on to make 250 appearances in total, scoring 10 goals.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
“Mousa has been capped 82 times for Belgium and was part of the Red Devils’ squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia. We wish Mousa all the best for the future.”