Mr Men’s Mr Nosey helps Hackney youngsters learn to love reading
World Book Day event gets a helping hand.
A popular children’s book character helped youngsters bury their nose in a good read on World Book Day.
Mr Nosey from the Mr Men books and TV series helped children from Southwold Primary School find a good book and get reading at Clapton Library on Thursday March 3.
Libraries across Hackney were celebrating the day with a series of events as Hackney Council urged more people to take advantage of their nearest service.
Clapton Library in Northwold Road has recently been refurbished and a new Dalston Library Dalston Lane is due to open later this year.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on the borough’s libraries visit www.hackney.gov.uk/libraries
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed