Mr Men’s Mr Nosey helps Hackney youngsters learn to love reading
World Book Day event gets a helping hand.
A popular children’s book character helped youngsters bury their nose in a good read on World Book Day.
Mr Nosey from the Mr Men books and TV series helped children from Southwold Primary School find a good book and get reading at Clapton Library on Thursday March 3.
Libraries across Hackney were celebrating the day with a series of events as Hackney Council urged more people to take advantage of their nearest service.
Clapton Library in Northwold Road has recently been refurbished and a new Dalston Library Dalston Lane is due to open later this year.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on the borough’s libraries visit www.hackney.gov.uk/libraries
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder