Mr Men’s Mr Nosey helps Hackney youngsters learn to love reading
World Book Day event gets a helping hand.
A popular children’s book character helped youngsters bury their nose in a good read on World Book Day.
Mr Nosey from the Mr Men books and TV series helped children from Southwold Primary School find a good book and get reading at Clapton Library on Thursday March 3.
Libraries across Hackney were celebrating the day with a series of events as Hackney Council urged more people to take advantage of their nearest service.
Clapton Library in Northwold Road has recently been refurbished and a new Dalston Library Dalston Lane is due to open later this year.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on the borough’s libraries visit www.hackney.gov.uk/libraries
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses