MTV award winning singer Conor Maynard has dinner at Stoke Newington restaurant
- Credit: Archant
MTV award winning singer and model Conor Maynard popped into a Stoke Newington restaurant for dinner last Friday.
The singer, who has homes in Brighton and London, popped in for a meal with friends at Thai restaurant Yum Yum on Stoke Newington High Street.
Atique Choudhury, 49, owner of Yum Yum said: “Conor came to dinner with some friends. He had a fantastic meal. His friends were celebrities and people from the music industry.
“We got Conor behind the bar and showed him to how to make our signature cocktail Yum Yum Mohito.
“Afterwards he left to go to Japanese restaurant Oishiii for some karaoke.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Choudhury commented that Hackney had become popular with celebrities, saying: “It’s nice to have people in the music industry coming into restaurants in Hackney. There are lots of artists and celebrities and musicians hanging around in Stoke Newington now.
“A few weeks ago 50 cents came to a barber shop in Stoke Newington to get a facial before his birthday bash in Mayfair. It’s a cool place to be.”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed