MTV award winning singer Conor Maynard has dinner at Stoke Newington restaurant
- Credit: Archant
MTV award winning singer and model Conor Maynard popped into a Stoke Newington restaurant for dinner last Friday.
The singer, who has homes in Brighton and London, popped in for a meal with friends at Thai restaurant Yum Yum on Stoke Newington High Street.
Atique Choudhury, 49, owner of Yum Yum said: “Conor came to dinner with some friends. He had a fantastic meal. His friends were celebrities and people from the music industry.
“We got Conor behind the bar and showed him to how to make our signature cocktail Yum Yum Mohito.
“Afterwards he left to go to Japanese restaurant Oishiii for some karaoke.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Choudhury commented that Hackney had become popular with celebrities, saying: “It’s nice to have people in the music industry coming into restaurants in Hackney. There are lots of artists and celebrities and musicians hanging around in Stoke Newington now.
“A few weeks ago 50 cents came to a barber shop in Stoke Newington to get a facial before his birthday bash in Mayfair. It’s a cool place to be.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack