MTV award winning singer Conor Maynard has dinner at Stoke Newington restaurant
- Credit: Archant
MTV award winning singer and model Conor Maynard popped into a Stoke Newington restaurant for dinner last Friday.
The singer, who has homes in Brighton and London, popped in for a meal with friends at Thai restaurant Yum Yum on Stoke Newington High Street.
Atique Choudhury, 49, owner of Yum Yum said: “Conor came to dinner with some friends. He had a fantastic meal. His friends were celebrities and people from the music industry.
“We got Conor behind the bar and showed him to how to make our signature cocktail Yum Yum Mohito.
“Afterwards he left to go to Japanese restaurant Oishiii for some karaoke.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Choudhury commented that Hackney had become popular with celebrities, saying: “It’s nice to have people in the music industry coming into restaurants in Hackney. There are lots of artists and celebrities and musicians hanging around in Stoke Newington now.
“A few weeks ago 50 cents came to a barber shop in Stoke Newington to get a facial before his birthday bash in Mayfair. It’s a cool place to be.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school