Multi-platinum sound engineer inspires Hackney audio students
- Credit: Archant
Multi-platinum sound engineer and right-hand man to rapper Snoop Dogg, Dave Aron visited students at a Haggerston studio to pass on his expertise.
The record masterer visited SAE London, in Kingsland Road, to show 120 students how to develop their craft on Saturday (May 27).
Dave spoke of the importance of training and the constant need for self-improvement to stay ahead of the game.
Recalling stories of working with U2, 2Pac, Notorious BIG, Diddy to name a few, he attributed his success not only to his constant learning and experimentation in the studio but also with his ability to de-stress people and talk to anyone.
He said: “These students are so focused and talented, their imagination and skills are going to be redefining the music scene in the years to come. Education is essential and where they’re at right now is perfect for that, I hope that they’ve taken inspiration from my own experiences of the music industry to really position themselves for success.”
Second year audio student, Aaron Or said: “It’s not even my chosen genre of music but as Dave said in the lecture, the principles of working in the audio music industry are the same whatever the genre of music you listen to. It was so inspiring and really focused my career path. I’m even more determined than ever to succeed now.”
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Apply now: funding to boost Hackney small businesses' resilience