Mum, 29, admits killing children
A mentally ill mother admitted killing her two young children when she appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday. Vivian Gamor, 29, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of three-year-old Kenniece Gamor-Ogunkoya and 10-year-old Antoine Gamor-Ogunkoya...
A mentally ill mother admitted killing her two young children when she appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
Vivian Gamor, 29, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of three-year-old Kenniece Gamor-Ogunkoya and 10-year-old Antoine Gamor-Ogunkoya at her home on January 27.
The children were found dead at the house in Pembury Close, Lower Clapton, after paramedics were called to the scene.
She pleaded guilty to the two charges of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility after denying two counts of murder.
Jonathan Rees, prosecuting, was not prepared to accept the pleas and asked for further psychiatric reports to be prepared before a decision could be made.
He told the court that Gamor was and is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 5 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 6 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 10 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
Judge Paul Focke, QC, agreed to another hearing on June 25.
Gamor, who was flanked by a prison officer and mental health nurses, was remanded in custody.
The children's father was dragged from the court crying after leaping towards the dock.
He became angry after Gamor's counsel Diane Ellis, QC, said she had no recollection of the killings.