MUM CHARGED AFTER DEATH OF CHILD
A MOTHER is due in court today (Thursday) accused of killing her toddler with anti-depressants...
A MOTHER is due in court today (Thursday) accused of killing her toddler with anti-depressants.
The 27-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is appearing at Thames magistrates' court charged with manslaughter, causing or allowing the death of a child under the age of 16 and child cruelty.
The child, a 20-month old boy, died on the morning of September 2 last year after being admitted to Homerton Uiversity Hospital with breathing difficulties.
A postmortem carried out 17 days later discovered that toddler had traces of the drug Amitriptyline in his system.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, who lives in Upper Clapton, was arrested two weeks after the child's death and was released on police bail until last week when she was charged.
No charges have been brought against a 47-year-old man, who was also arrested shortly after the toddler died.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year