MUM CHARGED AFTER DEATH OF CHILD
A MOTHER is due in court today (Thursday) accused of killing her toddler with anti-depressants...
A MOTHER is due in court today (Thursday) accused of killing her toddler with anti-depressants.
The 27-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is appearing at Thames magistrates' court charged with manslaughter, causing or allowing the death of a child under the age of 16 and child cruelty.
The child, a 20-month old boy, died on the morning of September 2 last year after being admitted to Homerton Uiversity Hospital with breathing difficulties.
A postmortem carried out 17 days later discovered that toddler had traces of the drug Amitriptyline in his system.
The woman, who lives in Upper Clapton, was arrested two weeks after the child's death and was released on police bail until last week when she was charged.
No charges have been brought against a 47-year-old man, who was also arrested shortly after the toddler died.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 4 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 5 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Great Christmas markets in and around north London