Murder investigation under way after fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick yesterday (Wednesday July 11).
Police found a 21-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to his chest in Buxhall Crescent when they were called to the incident at 11.47am.
London Ambulance Service and London Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the young man was taken to an east London hospital.
He died there at approximately 5.30pm.
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the stabbing and is in custody at an east London police station.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase