Murder investigation under way after fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick yesterday (Wednesday July 11).
Police found a 21-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to his chest in Buxhall Crescent when they were called to the incident at 11.47am.
London Ambulance Service and London Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the young man was taken to an east London hospital.
He died there at approximately 5.30pm.
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the stabbing and is in custody at an east London police station.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets