Murder investigation under way after fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick yesterday (Wednesday July 11).
Police found a 21-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to his chest in Buxhall Crescent when they were called to the incident at 11.47am.
London Ambulance Service and London Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the young man was taken to an east London hospital.
He died there at approximately 5.30pm.
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the stabbing and is in custody at an east London police station.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted