Murder investigation under way after fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick
A murder investigation is underway following a fatal stabbing in Hackney Wick yesterday (Wednesday July 11).
Police found a 21-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to his chest in Buxhall Crescent when they were called to the incident at 11.47am.
London Ambulance Service and London Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the young man was taken to an east London hospital.
He died there at approximately 5.30pm.
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with the stabbing and is in custody at an east London police station.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room at Hendon on 0208 358 0100 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney