Murder trial begins today into stabbing of Godwin Lawson in Stamford Hill
Four men deny murder charge
Four men are due to go on trial at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday) accused of murdering aspiring young footballer Godwin Nii Lawson in Stamford Hill last year.
Godwin, 17, of Enfield, Middlesex, died after he was stabbed in the chest in the early hours of March 27 in Amhurst Park near the junction with Durley Road.
He was studying at the Oxford United Football and Education Academy and wanted to be a top footballer.
Moise Avorgah, 20, of Tottenham, and Daniel Riley, 22, of Holloway, will appear in the dock along with Matthew Lanihun, 20, and Koffi Osimeh, 19, both of Finsbury Park.
All four deny murdering the teenager and also the attempted murder of two of Godwin’s friends, aged 18 and 20, who were stabbed during the same incident.
- 1 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting