Murder trial begins today into stabbing of Godwin Lawson in Stamford Hill
Four men deny murder charge
Four men are due to go on trial at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday) accused of murdering aspiring young footballer Godwin Nii Lawson in Stamford Hill last year.
Godwin, 17, of Enfield, Middlesex, died after he was stabbed in the chest in the early hours of March 27 in Amhurst Park near the junction with Durley Road.
He was studying at the Oxford United Football and Education Academy and wanted to be a top footballer.
Moise Avorgah, 20, of Tottenham, and Daniel Riley, 22, of Holloway, will appear in the dock along with Matthew Lanihun, 20, and Koffi Osimeh, 19, both of Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All four deny murdering the teenager and also the attempted murder of two of Godwin’s friends, aged 18 and 20, who were stabbed during the same incident.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction