Murder trial begins today into stabbing of Godwin Lawson in Stamford Hill
Four men deny murder charge
Four men are due to go on trial at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday) accused of murdering aspiring young footballer Godwin Nii Lawson in Stamford Hill last year.
Godwin, 17, of Enfield, Middlesex, died after he was stabbed in the chest in the early hours of March 27 in Amhurst Park near the junction with Durley Road.
He was studying at the Oxford United Football and Education Academy and wanted to be a top footballer.
Moise Avorgah, 20, of Tottenham, and Daniel Riley, 22, of Holloway, will appear in the dock along with Matthew Lanihun, 20, and Koffi Osimeh, 19, both of Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All four deny murdering the teenager and also the attempted murder of two of Godwin’s friends, aged 18 and 20, who were stabbed during the same incident.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors