Murder trial begins today into stabbing of Godwin Lawson in Stamford Hill
Four men deny murder charge
Four men are due to go on trial at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday) accused of murdering aspiring young footballer Godwin Nii Lawson in Stamford Hill last year.
Godwin, 17, of Enfield, Middlesex, died after he was stabbed in the chest in the early hours of March 27 in Amhurst Park near the junction with Durley Road.
He was studying at the Oxford United Football and Education Academy and wanted to be a top footballer.
Moise Avorgah, 20, of Tottenham, and Daniel Riley, 22, of Holloway, will appear in the dock along with Matthew Lanihun, 20, and Koffi Osimeh, 19, both of Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All four deny murdering the teenager and also the attempted murder of two of Godwin’s friends, aged 18 and 20, who were stabbed during the same incident.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back