Music fans want their money back after Suzi Quatro’s Hackney residency is cancelled
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Fans of rock star Suzi Quatro claim they are still out of pocket weeks after a six-day residency was cancelled at a Hackney club.
Hundreds of people are thought to have paid for tickets to see Suzi at the Play Misty club in Amhurst Terrace between September 6 and 14, but the veteran star cancelled the gigs last month citing “unforseeable contractual problems” beyond her control.
However many fans say they are still waiting to be reimbursed for the £29.99 tickets.
Kevin Egan, of Gloucestershire, says he paid for four tickets to a gig by transferring cash into the promoter’s bank account before buying a fifth through Paypal. is nearly £130£129.99 out of pocket after buying five tickets for the gig . He initially bought four tickets at £25 each as part of an early bird offer, before purchasing a fifth and final ticket at the advertised price.
He said: “Since Suzi cancelled the gig, no-one has been able to get hold of the promoter. They are not responding to phone calls.
“After sending lots of emails, I got an email last week referring me to the Play Misty website which says ticket refunds will be credited in 72 days.”
Sandra Williams, of Horsham, said the situation was a “disaster”, saying: “I’ve been trying to get a refund of £60 for two tickets since August 23. I’m really upset and am not going to let this go.”
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
The Play Misty website is currently unavailable and nobody from the club Play Misty was available for comment.
A spokesman from PayPal said they could not publicly comment on the case, adding: “PayPal offers buyer protection, so if you have a problem there is a process in place to fix it.
“You have up to 45 days from the date of your purchase to raise a dispute here.
“In the event that a resolution can’t be reached with the seller, the dispute can be escalated to a claim. You have a further 20 days after a dispute has been raised to start a claim.”