Musician Plan B launches new charity in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Musician and Ill Manors film director Plan B, aka Ben Drew, has launched a charity in Homerton.
Each One Teach One (EOTO) aims to help youngsters to develop skills for work.
Speaking at Chat’s Palace in Brooksby’s Walk, Mr Drew said: “We are failing as a society to support the most disengaged on the journey from disenfranchised to empowerment. EOTO is building networks to take young people out of these negative environments and help them find places where they can express themselves.”
He said he was motivated to start the charity because of personal experiences, the 2011 riots and the high rate of youth unemployment.
The trust offers opportunities in subjects such as music, hair and beauty, and media.
You may also want to watch:
Drew added: “If you’re a large company that wants to support genuinely life-changing projects, I need you to contact us.”
It will focus on Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest with a network of charities and companies to come across the UK.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
For more information visit www.eoto.org.uk.