Musician Plan B launches new charity in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Musician and Ill Manors film director Plan B, aka Ben Drew, has launched a charity in Homerton.
Each One Teach One (EOTO) aims to help youngsters to develop skills for work.
Speaking at Chat’s Palace in Brooksby’s Walk, Mr Drew said: “We are failing as a society to support the most disengaged on the journey from disenfranchised to empowerment. EOTO is building networks to take young people out of these negative environments and help them find places where they can express themselves.”
He said he was motivated to start the charity because of personal experiences, the 2011 riots and the high rate of youth unemployment.
The trust offers opportunities in subjects such as music, hair and beauty, and media.
You may also want to watch:
Drew added: “If you’re a large company that wants to support genuinely life-changing projects, I need you to contact us.”
It will focus on Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest with a network of charities and companies to come across the UK.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
For more information visit www.eoto.org.uk.