Musician Plan B launches new charity in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Musician and Ill Manors film director Plan B, aka Ben Drew, has launched a charity in Homerton.
Each One Teach One (EOTO) aims to help youngsters to develop skills for work.
Speaking at Chat’s Palace in Brooksby’s Walk, Mr Drew said: “We are failing as a society to support the most disengaged on the journey from disenfranchised to empowerment. EOTO is building networks to take young people out of these negative environments and help them find places where they can express themselves.”
He said he was motivated to start the charity because of personal experiences, the 2011 riots and the high rate of youth unemployment.
The trust offers opportunities in subjects such as music, hair and beauty, and media.
You may also want to watch:
Drew added: “If you’re a large company that wants to support genuinely life-changing projects, I need you to contact us.”
It will focus on Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest with a network of charities and companies to come across the UK.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
For more information visit www.eoto.org.uk.