Mysterious disappearance of St Lucian pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Hackney police are trying to get to the bottom of the mysterious disappearance of a St Lucian pensioner who has not been heard from since he was dropped off in Hackney nearly seven months ago.
Augustin Anthony St Helen now 81, arrived in the UK from St Lucia via Gatwick Airport on September 5.
He asked friends he was travelling with to drop him off near Lea Bridge Road, in Lower Clapton, as he had made arrangements to be collected from there.
He has not been seen since.
Mr St Helen lived previously in the UK but emigrated to St Lucia 15 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
His family are concerned they have not heard from him other than a call to say he had arrived safely in the UK that day.
Mr St Helen is a black man who was born in St Lucia, and at the time of his disappearance he was 80-years’ old.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
He is known as Sidney in the local St Lucian community and may also be using the name Anthony Augustin Moriella St Roman.
Enquiries already made by officers indicate that Augustin has not travelled on beyond the UK.
Det Sgt Jim Cross of Hackney missing person’s unit said: “Mr St Helen’s disappearance is completely out of character and has come as a huge shock to his family. There have been no sightings of him since his disappearance.”
Anyone who has seen Augustin St Helen or has information concerning his whereabouts should call 101and quote reference number 15MIS002627.