Mysterious disappearance of St Lucian pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Hackney police are trying to get to the bottom of the mysterious disappearance of a St Lucian pensioner who has not been heard from since he was dropped off in Hackney nearly seven months ago.
Augustin Anthony St Helen now 81, arrived in the UK from St Lucia via Gatwick Airport on September 5.
He asked friends he was travelling with to drop him off near Lea Bridge Road, in Lower Clapton, as he had made arrangements to be collected from there.
He has not been seen since.
Mr St Helen lived previously in the UK but emigrated to St Lucia 15 years ago.
His family are concerned they have not heard from him other than a call to say he had arrived safely in the UK that day.
Mr St Helen is a black man who was born in St Lucia, and at the time of his disappearance he was 80-years’ old.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 6 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 7 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 8 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
He is known as Sidney in the local St Lucian community and may also be using the name Anthony Augustin Moriella St Roman.
Enquiries already made by officers indicate that Augustin has not travelled on beyond the UK.
Det Sgt Jim Cross of Hackney missing person’s unit said: “Mr St Helen’s disappearance is completely out of character and has come as a huge shock to his family. There have been no sightings of him since his disappearance.”
Anyone who has seen Augustin St Helen or has information concerning his whereabouts should call 101and quote reference number 15MIS002627.