“Mystery” injured man died near scene of De Beauvoir car smash up
- Credit: Archant
A man believed to have been inside a BMW being followed by police died in De Beauvoir Road last night.
Officers on routine patrol in Hackney attempted to stop the driver of a blue BMW 5 series at around 11.30pm.
They failed to stop however, and soon afterwards the vehicle was found abandoned following a collision with several parked cars on the De Beauvoir Estate, in De Beauvoir Road.
A man in his late 20s was found nearby with serious injuries, and the London Ambulance Service was called.
He was pronounced dead at the scene at midnight.
You may also want to watch:
At this early stage police believe he had been in the BMW.
A special post mortem will take place at Poplar Mortuary tomorrow.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
His next of kin have been informed but no formal identification has taken place.
The road death investigation unit based at Chadwell Heath will look into whether the police car was using “blues and twos”.
The crime scene was taped off by police until 2.30pm today.
The Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Police Complaints Commission have been informed.
Anyone with information or witnesses are asked to call 020 8345 4955 or the police non-emergency line on 101.