N1 busiest postcode for London’s Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
N1 was the busiest postcode for London’s Air Ambulance last year, new figures reveal.
There were more traumas in the area straddling Hackney, Islington and Camden than any other in the capital.
In total, 38 patients were treated – six more than the second highest postcode, W1 in Westminster.
The air ambulance charity has advanced trauma teams which are sent to help treat critically injured people across London.
It has today released figures showing 1,826 patients were treated across London in 2015, 601 of which were road crashes, along with 528 stabbings.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney was the third busiest borough with 111 casualties.
Last month a much-campaigned for second helicopter became operational.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Graham Hodgkin, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance, said: “The charity is here to serve everyone in London. While our statistics show that we were busier in some areas of the capital than others, trauma can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. Trauma doesn’t have a postcode and neither do we. By releasing these statistics we are hoping to raise awareness of that fact.”
With another helicopter to maintain and costs rising to £6million a year, the charity is calling for donations more than ever. They can be made at londonsairambulance.co.uk/