N1 busiest postcode for London’s Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
N1 was the busiest postcode for London’s Air Ambulance last year, new figures reveal.
There were more traumas in the area straddling Hackney, Islington and Camden than any other in the capital.
In total, 38 patients were treated – six more than the second highest postcode, W1 in Westminster.
The air ambulance charity has advanced trauma teams which are sent to help treat critically injured people across London.
It has today released figures showing 1,826 patients were treated across London in 2015, 601 of which were road crashes, along with 528 stabbings.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney was the third busiest borough with 111 casualties.
Last month a much-campaigned for second helicopter became operational.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
Graham Hodgkin, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance, said: “The charity is here to serve everyone in London. While our statistics show that we were busier in some areas of the capital than others, trauma can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. Trauma doesn’t have a postcode and neither do we. By releasing these statistics we are hoping to raise awareness of that fact.”
With another helicopter to maintain and costs rising to £6million a year, the charity is calling for donations more than ever. They can be made at londonsairambulance.co.uk/