Naked models in Shoreditch hat show for London Fashion Week
A Shoreditch show for London Fashion Week is causing a stir amid promises the models will be totally starkers – except for hats, fascinators and hair pieces.
Welsh miliner Robyn Coles admits the stunt was dreamed up purely to raise publicity for her designs, and says there will be “no tricks or hidden underwear.”
Robyn, a former fashion buyer for Browns who began making hats a year ago when she was made redundant, hopes all eyes will be on her first collection.
The models are a mix of friends and life drawing models, many of whom have tattoos and piercings, including comedian Jeff Leach from the BBC documentary entitled Confessions of a Sex Addict and former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill – who will be seven months pregnant.
“I thought it’d be a nice light hearted end to fashion week,” said 31-year old Robyn.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not a conventional designer so I thought it’d be foolish of me to use conventional methods - plus I can’t afford proper models,” she said.
The “tongue-in-cheek” show will take place in the White Rabbit Studios in The Arches, Dereham Place, just off Shoreditch High Street on February 21.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate