Naked models in Shoreditch hat show for London Fashion Week
A Shoreditch show for London Fashion Week is causing a stir amid promises the models will be totally starkers – except for hats, fascinators and hair pieces.
Welsh miliner Robyn Coles admits the stunt was dreamed up purely to raise publicity for her designs, and says there will be “no tricks or hidden underwear.”
Robyn, a former fashion buyer for Browns who began making hats a year ago when she was made redundant, hopes all eyes will be on her first collection.
The models are a mix of friends and life drawing models, many of whom have tattoos and piercings, including comedian Jeff Leach from the BBC documentary entitled Confessions of a Sex Addict and former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill – who will be seven months pregnant.
“I thought it’d be a nice light hearted end to fashion week,” said 31-year old Robyn.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not a conventional designer so I thought it’d be foolish of me to use conventional methods - plus I can’t afford proper models,” she said.
The “tongue-in-cheek” show will take place in the White Rabbit Studios in The Arches, Dereham Place, just off Shoreditch High Street on February 21.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting