Naked models in Shoreditch hat show for London Fashion Week
A Shoreditch show for London Fashion Week is causing a stir amid promises the models will be totally starkers – except for hats, fascinators and hair pieces.
Welsh miliner Robyn Coles admits the stunt was dreamed up purely to raise publicity for her designs, and says there will be “no tricks or hidden underwear.”
Robyn, a former fashion buyer for Browns who began making hats a year ago when she was made redundant, hopes all eyes will be on her first collection.
The models are a mix of friends and life drawing models, many of whom have tattoos and piercings, including comedian Jeff Leach from the BBC documentary entitled Confessions of a Sex Addict and former Miss Wales Sophia Cahill – who will be seven months pregnant.
“I thought it’d be a nice light hearted end to fashion week,” said 31-year old Robyn.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not a conventional designer so I thought it’d be foolish of me to use conventional methods - plus I can’t afford proper models,” she said.
The “tongue-in-cheek” show will take place in the White Rabbit Studios in The Arches, Dereham Place, just off Shoreditch High Street on February 21.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club