National Lottery �1m ticket-holder in east London has till Sunday to claim
A Lottery millionaire could be living or working in east London—and doesn’t even know it.
Someone in Shoreditch or Hackney is walking round with a EuroMillions ticket worth �1 million and only a few days left to claim their cash.
The ticket was bought for the January 17 draw, in the borough of Hackney—anywhere from Shoreditch and Hoxton to Clapton and Stamford Hill.
It has the winning selection of:
The National Lottery is using the recruitment pages of the local press in a last ditch attempt to find the unsuspecting owner of the unclaimed ticket before Sunday’s deadline.
It has put a ‘millionaire’s job’ ad in this week’s paper, suggesting how life might be if they come forward in time.
- 1 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 4 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 5 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 8 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 9 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 10 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
Among the skills for the ‘job’ advertised is a “commitment to gain a good working knowledge of the finer things in life”—no previous experience required.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “We’re ‘recruiting’ for our unsuspecting millionaire in east London because many people find the job of their life in the local paper—so why not their life fortune?”
The ticket-holder only has until July 15 to claim, after which the money goes to the National Lottery Good Causes, adding to the �28 billion it has raised since 1994.
Anyone who believes they have the winning ticket for any draw within the 180-day deadline can call the National Lottery on 0845-910 0000.