National Lottery �1m ticket-holder in east London has till Sunday to claim
A Lottery millionaire could be living or working in east London—and doesn’t even know it.
Someone in Shoreditch or Hackney is walking round with a EuroMillions ticket worth �1 million and only a few days left to claim their cash.
The ticket was bought for the January 17 draw, in the borough of Hackney—anywhere from Shoreditch and Hoxton to Clapton and Stamford Hill.
It has the winning selection of:
You may also want to watch:
The National Lottery is using the recruitment pages of the local press in a last ditch attempt to find the unsuspecting owner of the unclaimed ticket before Sunday’s deadline.
It has put a ‘millionaire’s job’ ad in this week’s paper, suggesting how life might be if they come forward in time.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
Among the skills for the ‘job’ advertised is a “commitment to gain a good working knowledge of the finer things in life”—no previous experience required.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “We’re ‘recruiting’ for our unsuspecting millionaire in east London because many people find the job of their life in the local paper—so why not their life fortune?”
The ticket-holder only has until July 15 to claim, after which the money goes to the National Lottery Good Causes, adding to the �28 billion it has raised since 1994.
Anyone who believes they have the winning ticket for any draw within the 180-day deadline can call the National Lottery on 0845-910 0000.