National Lottery �1m ticket-holder in east London has till Sunday to claim
A Lottery millionaire could be living or working in east London—and doesn’t even know it.
Someone in Shoreditch or Hackney is walking round with a EuroMillions ticket worth �1 million and only a few days left to claim their cash.
The ticket was bought for the January 17 draw, in the borough of Hackney—anywhere from Shoreditch and Hoxton to Clapton and Stamford Hill.
It has the winning selection of:
You may also want to watch:
The National Lottery is using the recruitment pages of the local press in a last ditch attempt to find the unsuspecting owner of the unclaimed ticket before Sunday’s deadline.
It has put a ‘millionaire’s job’ ad in this week’s paper, suggesting how life might be if they come forward in time.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Among the skills for the ‘job’ advertised is a “commitment to gain a good working knowledge of the finer things in life”—no previous experience required.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “We’re ‘recruiting’ for our unsuspecting millionaire in east London because many people find the job of their life in the local paper—so why not their life fortune?”
The ticket-holder only has until July 15 to claim, after which the money goes to the National Lottery Good Causes, adding to the �28 billion it has raised since 1994.
Anyone who believes they have the winning ticket for any draw within the 180-day deadline can call the National Lottery on 0845-910 0000.