New arrest in Eastenders’ actress killing
Second man arrested over mutilated body in Regents Canal
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie whose torso was discovered in Hackney’s Regent’s Canal close to Broadway market.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday Saturday on suspicion of being involved in the murder.
He was released on police bail until May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, was charged with her murder earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody after appearing in court via video-link from Brixton Prison to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
The actress was last seen attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Miss McCluskie’s headless and limbless torso was discovered on March 6.
Police divers have since recovered both her mutilated legs and arms from the canal.
The 29-year-old actress played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001.
She was last seen on March 1 returning to the home she shared with her brother in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green.
She had been missing for a week after attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital in nearby Whitechapel.