New arrest in Eastenders’ actress killing
Second man arrested over mutilated body in Regents Canal
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie whose torso was discovered in Hackney’s Regent’s Canal close to Broadway market.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday Saturday on suspicion of being involved in the murder.
He was released on police bail until May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, was charged with her murder earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody after appearing in court via video-link from Brixton Prison to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
The actress was last seen attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 4 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
Miss McCluskie’s headless and limbless torso was discovered on March 6.
Police divers have since recovered both her mutilated legs and arms from the canal.
The 29-year-old actress played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001.
She was last seen on March 1 returning to the home she shared with her brother in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green.
She had been missing for a week after attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital in nearby Whitechapel.