New arrest in Eastenders’ actress killing
Second man arrested over mutilated body in Regents Canal
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie whose torso was discovered in Hackney’s Regent’s Canal close to Broadway market.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday Saturday on suspicion of being involved in the murder.
He was released on police bail until May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, was charged with her murder earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody after appearing in court via video-link from Brixton Prison to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
The actress was last seen attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
Miss McCluskie’s headless and limbless torso was discovered on March 6.
Police divers have since recovered both her mutilated legs and arms from the canal.
The 29-year-old actress played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001.
She was last seen on March 1 returning to the home she shared with her brother in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green.
She had been missing for a week after attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital in nearby Whitechapel.