New arrest in Eastenders’ actress killing
Second man arrested over mutilated body in Regents Canal
A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie whose torso was discovered in Hackney’s Regent’s Canal close to Broadway market.
A 35-year-old man was arrested yesterday Saturday on suspicion of being involved in the murder.
He was released on police bail until May.
Miss McCluskie’s brother, Tony McCluskie, 35, was charged with her murder earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody after appearing in court via video-link from Brixton Prison to appear at the Old Bailey at a future date.
The actress was last seen attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
Miss McCluskie’s headless and limbless torso was discovered on March 6.
Police divers have since recovered both her mutilated legs and arms from the canal.
The 29-year-old actress played Kerry Skinner in the BBC soap in 2001.
She was last seen on March 1 returning to the home she shared with her brother in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green.
She had been missing for a week after attending the opening of the new �650m Royal London Hospital in nearby Whitechapel.