New choir for Hackney youngsters launches today
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
A new choir for youngsters in Hackney will launch today after receiving the backing of Sadiq Khan.
Hackney Choral will be run out of the church hall of St Paul’s West Hackney in Stoke Newington Road. It is aimed at kids aged 12 to 18 and will launch with a taster session today.
It will then take place in term time from 4pm, when there will be free pizza and a homework club, followed by rehearsals from 4.45pm to 6pm.
Choir director Tom Daggett said: “We know what a difference music makes to people’s lives – so we are thrilled to have the mayor’s backing to start a new choir for young people in Hackney.
“We want to give our members a safe space to be the best they can be – please help us find young people who love music.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir is run in partnership with the council-run Hackney Music Service hub and St Paul’s Cathedral.
For more information click here.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012