New choir for Hackney youngsters launches today
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
A new choir for youngsters in Hackney will launch today after receiving the backing of Sadiq Khan.
Hackney Choral will be run out of the church hall of St Paul’s West Hackney in Stoke Newington Road. It is aimed at kids aged 12 to 18 and will launch with a taster session today.
It will then take place in term time from 4pm, when there will be free pizza and a homework club, followed by rehearsals from 4.45pm to 6pm.
Choir director Tom Daggett said: “We know what a difference music makes to people’s lives – so we are thrilled to have the mayor’s backing to start a new choir for young people in Hackney.
“We want to give our members a safe space to be the best they can be – please help us find young people who love music.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir is run in partnership with the council-run Hackney Music Service hub and St Paul’s Cathedral.
For more information click here.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London