New choir for Hackney youngsters launches today
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
A new choir for youngsters in Hackney will launch today after receiving the backing of Sadiq Khan.
Hackney Choral will be run out of the church hall of St Paul’s West Hackney in Stoke Newington Road. It is aimed at kids aged 12 to 18 and will launch with a taster session today.
It will then take place in term time from 4pm, when there will be free pizza and a homework club, followed by rehearsals from 4.45pm to 6pm.
Choir director Tom Daggett said: “We know what a difference music makes to people’s lives – so we are thrilled to have the mayor’s backing to start a new choir for young people in Hackney.
“We want to give our members a safe space to be the best they can be – please help us find young people who love music.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir is run in partnership with the council-run Hackney Music Service hub and St Paul’s Cathedral.
For more information click here.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill