New choir for Hackney youngsters launches today
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
A new choir for youngsters in Hackney will launch today after receiving the backing of Sadiq Khan.
Hackney Choral will be run out of the church hall of St Paul’s West Hackney in Stoke Newington Road. It is aimed at kids aged 12 to 18 and will launch with a taster session today.
It will then take place in term time from 4pm, when there will be free pizza and a homework club, followed by rehearsals from 4.45pm to 6pm.
Choir director Tom Daggett said: “We know what a difference music makes to people’s lives – so we are thrilled to have the mayor’s backing to start a new choir for young people in Hackney.
“We want to give our members a safe space to be the best they can be – please help us find young people who love music.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir is run in partnership with the council-run Hackney Music Service hub and St Paul’s Cathedral.
For more information click here.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 9 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian