New deal for Tottenham Hotspur’s Josh Onomah and Aston Villa loan move
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Talented youngster given chance to thrive in the middle of the park in Championship
Josh Onomah has agreed a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur and also linked up with Aston Villa on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The news was confirmed earlier in the day and will see the World Cup winner given a chance to impress in the Championship.
Onomah has made 32 appearances for Spurs since making his debut in the FA Cup against Burnley in January 2015 and scored once.
The 20-year-old Londoner has often been forced to play out wide for Tottenham, but showed his potential in the centre of midfield this summer with England’s under-20s.
You may also want to watch:
Onomah was among the best players at the under-20 World Cup and helped the Three Lions to success with a number of strong showings.
After an encouraging summer, the Tottenham academy graduate will aim to show his boss Mauricio Pochettino that he can thrive in the middle of the park at Aston Villa.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside