New deal for Tottenham Hotspur’s Josh Onomah and Aston Villa loan move
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Talented youngster given chance to thrive in the middle of the park in Championship
Josh Onomah has agreed a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur and also linked up with Aston Villa on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The news was confirmed earlier in the day and will see the World Cup winner given a chance to impress in the Championship.
Onomah has made 32 appearances for Spurs since making his debut in the FA Cup against Burnley in January 2015 and scored once.
The 20-year-old Londoner has often been forced to play out wide for Tottenham, but showed his potential in the centre of midfield this summer with England’s under-20s.
You may also want to watch:
Onomah was among the best players at the under-20 World Cup and helped the Three Lions to success with a number of strong showings.
After an encouraging summer, the Tottenham academy graduate will aim to show his boss Mauricio Pochettino that he can thrive in the middle of the park at Aston Villa.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web