New deal for Tottenham Hotspur’s Josh Onomah and Aston Villa loan move
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Talented youngster given chance to thrive in the middle of the park in Championship
Josh Onomah has agreed a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur and also linked up with Aston Villa on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The news was confirmed earlier in the day and will see the World Cup winner given a chance to impress in the Championship.
Onomah has made 32 appearances for Spurs since making his debut in the FA Cup against Burnley in January 2015 and scored once.
The 20-year-old Londoner has often been forced to play out wide for Tottenham, but showed his potential in the centre of midfield this summer with England’s under-20s.
You may also want to watch:
Onomah was among the best players at the under-20 World Cup and helped the Three Lions to success with a number of strong showings.
After an encouraging summer, the Tottenham academy graduate will aim to show his boss Mauricio Pochettino that he can thrive in the middle of the park at Aston Villa.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes