New deal for Tottenham Hotspur’s Josh Onomah and Aston Villa loan move
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Talented youngster given chance to thrive in the middle of the park in Championship
Josh Onomah has agreed a new contract with Tottenham Hotspur and also linked up with Aston Villa on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The news was confirmed earlier in the day and will see the World Cup winner given a chance to impress in the Championship.
Onomah has made 32 appearances for Spurs since making his debut in the FA Cup against Burnley in January 2015 and scored once.
The 20-year-old Londoner has often been forced to play out wide for Tottenham, but showed his potential in the centre of midfield this summer with England’s under-20s.
You may also want to watch:
Onomah was among the best players at the under-20 World Cup and helped the Three Lions to success with a number of strong showings.
After an encouraging summer, the Tottenham academy graduate will aim to show his boss Mauricio Pochettino that he can thrive in the middle of the park at Aston Villa.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses