New fight in prospect as 'lap dance' pub seeks late licence
THE owners of a pub who sparked a huge row when they sought to host lap dancing now want to stay open until dawn. Satchmo s in Stoke Newington Road is seeking permission to open until 6am at weekends and until 4am during the week. Residents who fought
THE owners of a pub who sparked a huge row when they sought to host lap dancing now want to stay open until dawn.
Satchmo's in Stoke Newington Road is seeking permission to open until 6am at weekends and until 4am during the week.
Residents who fought a campaign to kick the strip pub plans into touch have reacted with fury and disbelief.
Amanda Frayne, of Palatine Road, said: "Given the animosity and horror their previous plans have been met with, wouldn't any responsible operator look to consult their community before making yet another potentially controversial application? Sadly this is not the case here."
She has written to the pub demanding the management meet residents and explain their plans.
Deputy mayor Jamie Carswell, the ward councillor, said: "I am also extremely surprised and disappointed that the owners did not see fit to consult with residents before making another controversial application."
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Diane Abbott, the MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, said: "I am concerned that the venue this application describes is not suitable for a residential area.
BUY THIS WEEK'S HACKNEY GAZETTE FOR FULL STORY