New flats development proposed for Dalston Lane junction
Plans are in the pipeline for a new high-rise block of flats on derelict land at the corner of Pembury Road and Dalston Lane.
Developers want to build 280 new homes along with a community centre, a nursery and commercial units on Pembury Circus in the Pembury Estate, Hackney Central.
The site will include 50 per cent affordable housing with a large proportion of family sized homes, they say.
The land, now owned by housing association Peabody, has been vacant since two tower blocks and a car park were bulldozed.
The company selected Bellway Homes to complete the building project.
Neil Jervis, principal development manager for Peabody, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to provide new homes, new commercial space, and new amenities including a nursery and community centre.
“Since acquiring Pembury in 2000, Peabody has carried out a regeneration programme that has made a massive difference to the estate. This development represents the final phase of that process.”
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 9 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 10 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
Detailed plans will now be submitted to Hackney Council for consideration.
Have your say on the plans below or email email@example.com.