New flats development proposed for Dalston Lane junction
Plans are in the pipeline for a new high-rise block of flats on derelict land at the corner of Pembury Road and Dalston Lane.
Developers want to build 280 new homes along with a community centre, a nursery and commercial units on Pembury Circus in the Pembury Estate, Hackney Central.
The site will include 50 per cent affordable housing with a large proportion of family sized homes, they say.
The land, now owned by housing association Peabody, has been vacant since two tower blocks and a car park were bulldozed.
The company selected Bellway Homes to complete the building project.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Jervis, principal development manager for Peabody, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to provide new homes, new commercial space, and new amenities including a nursery and community centre.
“Since acquiring Pembury in 2000, Peabody has carried out a regeneration programme that has made a massive difference to the estate. This development represents the final phase of that process.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Detailed plans will now be submitted to Hackney Council for consideration.
Have your say on the plans below or email email@example.com.