New flats development proposed for Dalston Lane junction
Plans are in the pipeline for a new high-rise block of flats on derelict land at the corner of Pembury Road and Dalston Lane.
Developers want to build 280 new homes along with a community centre, a nursery and commercial units on Pembury Circus in the Pembury Estate, Hackney Central.
The site will include 50 per cent affordable housing with a large proportion of family sized homes, they say.
The land, now owned by housing association Peabody, has been vacant since two tower blocks and a car park were bulldozed.
The company selected Bellway Homes to complete the building project.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Jervis, principal development manager for Peabody, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to provide new homes, new commercial space, and new amenities including a nursery and community centre.
“Since acquiring Pembury in 2000, Peabody has carried out a regeneration programme that has made a massive difference to the estate. This development represents the final phase of that process.”
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch
Detailed plans will now be submitted to Hackney Council for consideration.
Have your say on the plans below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.