Captain Schillaci part of Tottenham Women’s squad for top flight
- Credit: Archant
The Barclays FA Women’s Super League team have signed a number of players ahead of the 2019/20 campaign
Spurs Women discovered their fixtures for the 2019/20 Barclays FA Women's Super League campaign this morning and over the last few days have confirmed the squad which will lead them into the new division.
Tottenham Hotspur have been busy preparing for life in the top flight and will play home games at Barnet FC's The Hive.
Karen Hills' team will also play once at the club's new 62,062-seater stadium when they do battle with rivals Arsenal Women in November.
In addition to finding a new home with a larger attendance compared to Cheshunt FC's Theobalds Lane, Spurs have also recruited several new players for the new campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Remaining with the Lilywhites though, will be long-serving captain Jenna Schillaci, who will enter her 11th consecutive season with Tottenham this term.
Goalkeeper Chloe Morgan has also signed up for another year while Lucia Leon extends her stay with Hills' side.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Fans' favourite Ashleigh Neville will be part of the journey after signing a new deal and Wales international Josie Green will remain part of the squad.
Anna Filbey, another Welsh player, has put pen to paper on a new contract and Sophie Mclean, Coral-Jade Haines, Jessica Naz, Angela Addison and last season's top goalscorer Rianna Dean will also earn a shot in the Super League.
Joining them is Becky Spencer, who spent last season as goalkeeper at West Ham United in the Super League.
New Zealand international Ria Percival also makes the switch from east London to north, after a campaign at Rush Green.
Siri Worm signs up from Everton and talented youngster Chloe Peplow arrives following an 18-month stint with Brighton & Hove Albion Women.
Forward Rosella Ayana, 23, joins from Bristol City along with fellow strikers Gemma Davison - formerly of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea - and Lucy Quinn, previously of Birmingham City Women.