Captain Schillaci part of Tottenham Women’s squad for top flight
- Credit: Archant
The Barclays FA Women’s Super League team have signed a number of players ahead of the 2019/20 campaign
Spurs Women discovered their fixtures for the 2019/20 Barclays FA Women's Super League campaign this morning and over the last few days have confirmed the squad which will lead them into the new division.
Tottenham Hotspur have been busy preparing for life in the top flight and will play home games at Barnet FC's The Hive.
Karen Hills' team will also play once at the club's new 62,062-seater stadium when they do battle with rivals Arsenal Women in November.
In addition to finding a new home with a larger attendance compared to Cheshunt FC's Theobalds Lane, Spurs have also recruited several new players for the new campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Remaining with the Lilywhites though, will be long-serving captain Jenna Schillaci, who will enter her 11th consecutive season with Tottenham this term.
Goalkeeper Chloe Morgan has also signed up for another year while Lucia Leon extends her stay with Hills' side.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
Fans' favourite Ashleigh Neville will be part of the journey after signing a new deal and Wales international Josie Green will remain part of the squad.
Anna Filbey, another Welsh player, has put pen to paper on a new contract and Sophie Mclean, Coral-Jade Haines, Jessica Naz, Angela Addison and last season's top goalscorer Rianna Dean will also earn a shot in the Super League.
Joining them is Becky Spencer, who spent last season as goalkeeper at West Ham United in the Super League.
New Zealand international Ria Percival also makes the switch from east London to north, after a campaign at Rush Green.
Siri Worm signs up from Everton and talented youngster Chloe Peplow arrives following an 18-month stint with Brighton & Hove Albion Women.
Forward Rosella Ayana, 23, joins from Bristol City along with fellow strikers Gemma Davison - formerly of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea - and Lucy Quinn, previously of Birmingham City Women.