New Year’s Islington house party stabbing: Man arrested in Hackney on suspicion of murder
- Credit: PA
Detectives investigating a fatal stabbing at a New Year’s house party in Islington have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
Two men - both aged 20 - were found suffering from stab injuries in Bartholomew Court off Old Street at 2.30am yesterday morning, when emergency services were called to the flat.
Police believe a fight broke out at the party, leading to them both being attacked.
The first man – who has not yet been named by police - was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
He is one of four victims killed in separate knife attacks across the capital over the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
The second man is still fighting for his life in a north London hospital where he remains in a “critical but stable condition” according to Scotland Yard.
The dead man’s next of kin have been informed but he has yet to be formally identified.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
A 19-year-old man was arrested in Hackney on suspicion of his murder at 8.45pm last night.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
The Met’s murder squad is appealing for information.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist police is asked to call 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.