Nice striker turns down West Ham move
Forward elects to stay in France
West Ham target Eric Mouloungui has revealed that he is not especially keen on leaving his current club, Nice.
The Gabon international, who was first linked with the Hammers a few weeks ago, has been the subject of an alleged �2milllion bid, which was rejected by the Ligue 1 outfit.
However, it is expected that West Ham will return with an improved bid of around �2.5million, which would test Nice’s resolve to keep hold of the 27 year old, who can play either up front or on the wing.
“I do not want to leave (Nice),” Mouloungui told Nice’s official website.
You may also want to watch:
“It is true that staying in my situation (his contract ends in June 2012) is complicated.
“I talked with the president, and we want to find the best solution for the team and me.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
“In football, everything is fast, but today I am 100 per cent Nice.
“I am here, I get along with the staff. I have earned the confidence in recent months.
“Now I have to be effective.”
Despite Mouloungui’s recent revelations, it is understood that the player, who has scored 14 goals in 80 appearances for Nice, is expected to arrive in England this week, to discuss a possible move to Upton Park.
For interactive coverage of West Ham v Aldershot in the first round of the Carling Cup log on to http://www.london24.com/sport/other/west-ham-chat from 7pm Wednesday. You can make comments and ask questions so why not get involved.