Nice striker turns down West Ham move
Forward elects to stay in France
West Ham target Eric Mouloungui has revealed that he is not especially keen on leaving his current club, Nice.
The Gabon international, who was first linked with the Hammers a few weeks ago, has been the subject of an alleged �2milllion bid, which was rejected by the Ligue 1 outfit.
However, it is expected that West Ham will return with an improved bid of around �2.5million, which would test Nice’s resolve to keep hold of the 27 year old, who can play either up front or on the wing.
“I do not want to leave (Nice),” Mouloungui told Nice’s official website.
You may also want to watch:
“It is true that staying in my situation (his contract ends in June 2012) is complicated.
“I talked with the president, and we want to find the best solution for the team and me.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Thousands of Hackney's most vulnerable remain unvaccinated as Delta variant cases rise
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
“In football, everything is fast, but today I am 100 per cent Nice.
“I am here, I get along with the staff. I have earned the confidence in recent months.
“Now I have to be effective.”
Despite Mouloungui’s recent revelations, it is understood that the player, who has scored 14 goals in 80 appearances for Nice, is expected to arrive in England this week, to discuss a possible move to Upton Park.
For interactive coverage of West Ham v Aldershot in the first round of the Carling Cup log on to http://www.london24.com/sport/other/west-ham-chat from 7pm Wednesday. You can make comments and ask questions so why not get involved.