Nightingale Estate stabbing: Six men and teens arrested on suspicion of murdering of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: police
Six men and teens were arrested yesterday on suspicion of violent disorder and the murder of Kaan Aslan.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Scotland Yard said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man were already arrested on suspicion of murder in November, and released under investigation.
The Met’s murder squad is appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard anything in Monteagle Way and on the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on Monday November 13 and the following morning.
Call 020 8345 3985, or alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.