Nightingale Estate stabbing: Six men and teens arrested on suspicion of murdering of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: police
Six men and teens were arrested yesterday on suspicion of violent disorder and the murder of Kaan Aslan.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Scotland Yard said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man were already arrested on suspicion of murder in November, and released under investigation.
The Met’s murder squad is appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard anything in Monteagle Way and on the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on Monday November 13 and the following morning.
Call 020 8345 3985, or alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.