Nightingale Estate stabbing: Six men and teens arrested on suspicion of murdering of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: police
Six men and teens were arrested yesterday on suspicion of violent disorder and the murder of Kaan Aslan.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Scotland Yard said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man were already arrested on suspicion of murder in November, and released under investigation.
The Met’s murder squad is appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard anything in Monteagle Way and on the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on Monday November 13 and the following morning.
Call 020 8345 3985, or alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.