Nightingale Estate stabbing: Six men and teens arrested on suspicion of murdering of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: police
Six men and teens were arrested yesterday on suspicion of violent disorder and the murder of Kaan Aslan.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Scotland Yard said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
Yesterday a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford.
They all remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 2 men stabbed in 'row involving group' in Upper Clapton
- 2 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 3 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 4 Nursery downgraded by inspectors over sleep and safety concerns
- 5 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 6 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 7 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man were already arrested on suspicion of murder in November, and released under investigation.
The Met’s murder squad is appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard anything in Monteagle Way and on the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on Monday November 13 and the following morning.
Call 020 8345 3985, or alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.