Nightingale Estate stabbing: Two further arrests after Kaan Aslan fatally knifed in the heart
- Credit: police
Detectives have made two more arrests in the murder probe into Kaan Aslan’s death on the Nightingale Estate.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14. Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Two men, both 23, were taken into custody at an east London police station on Thursday, and released under investigation.
On November 14, a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and also released under investigation.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
You may also want to watch:
The Met said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything around Monteagle Way and the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on November 13 or the following morning is asked to call 020 8345 3985 or phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'