Nightingale Estate stabbing: Two further arrests after Kaan Aslan fatally knifed in the heart
- Credit: police
Detectives have made two more arrests in the murder probe into Kaan Aslan’s death on the Nightingale Estate.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14. Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
Two men, both 23, were taken into custody at an east London police station on Thursday, and released under investigation.
On November 14, a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and also released under investigation.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
You may also want to watch:
The Met said officers are “retaining an open mind regarding motive”.
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything around Monteagle Way and the Nightingale Estate late in the evening on November 13 or the following morning is asked to call 020 8345 3985 or phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase