No arrests after Dalston Junction cyclist collision
Man in his 20s remains in a critical condition this evening
No-one has been arrested after a collision between and cyclist and a lorry at Dalston Junction left a man in a critical condition in hospital.
The cyclist, who is in his 20s, was injured as his bicycle was crushed under the wheels of the large truck shortly before 4.45pm last night (Wednesday).
One witness said both the cyclist and the driver had turned left out of Dalston Lane towards Kingsland Road.
Emergency services took the cyclist to Homerton Hospital. They said he remained in ‘critical condition’ this evening (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Police officers have not arrested anyone in connection with the collision.
They cordoned off the junction yesterday evening, causing traffic delays for rush hour commuters. Bus routes along Kingsland Road were diverted.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
A pale blue bike could be seen bent under the wheels of the lorry.