No arrests after Dalston Junction cyclist collision
Man in his 20s remains in a critical condition this evening
No-one has been arrested after a collision between and cyclist and a lorry at Dalston Junction left a man in a critical condition in hospital.
The cyclist, who is in his 20s, was injured as his bicycle was crushed under the wheels of the large truck shortly before 4.45pm last night (Wednesday).
One witness said both the cyclist and the driver had turned left out of Dalston Lane towards Kingsland Road.
Emergency services took the cyclist to Homerton Hospital. They said he remained in ‘critical condition’ this evening (Thursday).
Police officers have not arrested anyone in connection with the collision.
They cordoned off the junction yesterday evening, causing traffic delays for rush hour commuters. Bus routes along Kingsland Road were diverted.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 5 things to look forward to at All Points East Festival 2022
- 7 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 10 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
A pale blue bike could be seen bent under the wheels of the lorry.