No arrests after Dalston Junction cyclist collision
Man in his 20s remains in a critical condition this evening
No-one has been arrested after a collision between and cyclist and a lorry at Dalston Junction left a man in a critical condition in hospital.
The cyclist, who is in his 20s, was injured as his bicycle was crushed under the wheels of the large truck shortly before 4.45pm last night (Wednesday).
One witness said both the cyclist and the driver had turned left out of Dalston Lane towards Kingsland Road.
Emergency services took the cyclist to Homerton Hospital. They said he remained in ‘critical condition’ this evening (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Police officers have not arrested anyone in connection with the collision.
They cordoned off the junction yesterday evening, causing traffic delays for rush hour commuters. Bus routes along Kingsland Road were diverted.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
A pale blue bike could be seen bent under the wheels of the lorry.