No arrests after Dalston Junction cyclist collision
Man in his 20s remains in a critical condition this evening
No-one has been arrested after a collision between and cyclist and a lorry at Dalston Junction left a man in a critical condition in hospital.
The cyclist, who is in his 20s, was injured as his bicycle was crushed under the wheels of the large truck shortly before 4.45pm last night (Wednesday).
One witness said both the cyclist and the driver had turned left out of Dalston Lane towards Kingsland Road.
Emergency services took the cyclist to Homerton Hospital. They said he remained in ‘critical condition’ this evening (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Police officers have not arrested anyone in connection with the collision.
They cordoned off the junction yesterday evening, causing traffic delays for rush hour commuters. Bus routes along Kingsland Road were diverted.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
A pale blue bike could be seen bent under the wheels of the lorry.