Nominations now open for Hackney Design Awards
- Credit: Hackney Council
Nominations are now open for the best new buildings and public spaces in Hackney.
The council’s 2020 Hackney Design Awards were launched in 2004 to celebrate the best of the borough’s architecture and design.
New buildings, extensions, restorations, public space and landscaping projects in streets and parks can all be nominated if they inspire and impress residents, and demonstrate clear innovation in sustainability, inclusivity and heritage.
The council’s Planning Chief Cllr Guy Nicholson said: “The long-running Hackney Design Awards are an established part of the council calendar, which celebrate the very best of design in Hackney’s built environment. This year is no exception, and despite the ongoing situation with coronavirus, which has seen many construction projects halted or delayed, Hackney has still seen a number of great projects delivered.
A new category, the Young People’s Choice Award, has also been added recognising new developments which have enhanced the life of young people.
You may also want to watch:
Previous winners of the design award include the Black Stone House, near Clissold Park, which was once a run-down workshop and Hackney Town Hall.
Nominations will be short-listed and judged by an independent panel of architects and urban design experts, and the awards will be announced later this year.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
Buildings and projects nominated for the awards must have been completed in the last two years.
Nominations close on September 29.
For more information and to make a nomination visit hackney.gov.uk/designawards, email email@example.com or call 020 8356 8106
To check out previous winners click here