Do you know an unsung hero? Nominations are open for ‘I Love Hackney’ Mayor’s Civic Awards
- Credit: Hackney Council
Do you know an unsung hero whose achievements are helping make Hackney a better place to live, study or work? If so then Hackney Council wants to hear about them.
Nominations are open for the fourth ‘I Love Hackney’ Mayor’s Civic Awards to celebrate those who go above and beyond the call of duty.
Philip Glanville, mayor of Hackney said: “Thanks to the hard work of those who go the extra mile for their communities, Hackney is full of active citizens, campaigners and volunteers, who all essential parts of making it the welcoming and fantastic place it is today. Last year’s winners and nominees were incredibly inspiring.
Nominations close on Tuesday, 2 April.
Winners will be announced at the council’s AGM on May 22, where they will receive trophies and certificates.
You may also want to watch:
Fill in an online form at hackney.gov.uk/civic-awards, email email@example.com or pick up an application form at Hackney Town Hall and libraries.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney