North London derby match aims to raise funds for Stacey Mowle Appeal
Tottenham and Arsenal legends and celebrities will come together to play in a unique north London derby on Sunday, in a bid to raise funds for an eight-year-old girl with cancer.
Spurs fan Stacey Mowle has Neuroblastoma Cancer, and her family are quickly attempting to raise £500,000 for life-saving treatment in the USA.
The latest event is a charity match between Tottenham and Arsenal teams, which will be held at Dartford FC’s Princes Park ground in Kent on Sunday, kicking off at 2pm.
Stacey’s Spurs All-Stars will include Lilywhites legends Micky Hazard and Steve Sedgley, while former Gunners stars David Hillier and Jimmy Carter are due to line up in the Arsenal Foundation charity team.
Ex-Gillingham greats Andy Hessenthaler and Nicky Southall are also due to play alongside a supporting cast from the entertainment world – Eastenders actor Terry Alderton, actor Ralf Little, X-Factor finalist Sam Callahan, Groundforce’s Tommy Walsh and Gordon Ramsey lookalike Martin Jordan.
You may also want to watch:
Stacey’s father Warren Mowle said: “Stacey is a fanatical Spurs supporter like myself and her brother Jake, so staging such a prestigious sporting event to help her will be a tremendous boost to our campaign.”
It is hoped that Stacey will be well enough on the day to attend and present The Stacey Mowle Challenge Cup to the winning team.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Tickets are available at just £3 per person for adults, children and senior citizens, while a family ticket for two adults and two children costs £10.
These can be purchased through the website www.nld4stacey.co.uk/tickets, while a limited number of VIP tickets can be bought for £45 by emailing email@example.com.
For further details on Stacey, her fight against Neuroblastoma and the big match, visit www.thestaceymowleappeal.co.uk.
The final list of players cannot be confirmed until the day of the contest.