North London derby match aims to raise funds for Stacey Mowle Appeal
Tottenham and Arsenal legends and celebrities will come together to play in a unique north London derby on Sunday, in a bid to raise funds for an eight-year-old girl with cancer.
Spurs fan Stacey Mowle has Neuroblastoma Cancer, and her family are quickly attempting to raise £500,000 for life-saving treatment in the USA.
The latest event is a charity match between Tottenham and Arsenal teams, which will be held at Dartford FC’s Princes Park ground in Kent on Sunday, kicking off at 2pm.
Stacey’s Spurs All-Stars will include Lilywhites legends Micky Hazard and Steve Sedgley, while former Gunners stars David Hillier and Jimmy Carter are due to line up in the Arsenal Foundation charity team.
Ex-Gillingham greats Andy Hessenthaler and Nicky Southall are also due to play alongside a supporting cast from the entertainment world – Eastenders actor Terry Alderton, actor Ralf Little, X-Factor finalist Sam Callahan, Groundforce’s Tommy Walsh and Gordon Ramsey lookalike Martin Jordan.
You may also want to watch:
Stacey’s father Warren Mowle said: “Stacey is a fanatical Spurs supporter like myself and her brother Jake, so staging such a prestigious sporting event to help her will be a tremendous boost to our campaign.”
It is hoped that Stacey will be well enough on the day to attend and present The Stacey Mowle Challenge Cup to the winning team.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Tickets are available at just £3 per person for adults, children and senior citizens, while a family ticket for two adults and two children costs £10.
These can be purchased through the website www.nld4stacey.co.uk/tickets, while a limited number of VIP tickets can be bought for £45 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details on Stacey, her fight against Neuroblastoma and the big match, visit www.thestaceymowleappeal.co.uk.
The final list of players cannot be confirmed until the day of the contest.