North London derby match aims to raise funds for Stacey Mowle Appeal
Tottenham and Arsenal legends and celebrities will come together to play in a unique north London derby on Sunday, in a bid to raise funds for an eight-year-old girl with cancer.
Spurs fan Stacey Mowle has Neuroblastoma Cancer, and her family are quickly attempting to raise £500,000 for life-saving treatment in the USA.
The latest event is a charity match between Tottenham and Arsenal teams, which will be held at Dartford FC’s Princes Park ground in Kent on Sunday, kicking off at 2pm.
Stacey’s Spurs All-Stars will include Lilywhites legends Micky Hazard and Steve Sedgley, while former Gunners stars David Hillier and Jimmy Carter are due to line up in the Arsenal Foundation charity team.
Ex-Gillingham greats Andy Hessenthaler and Nicky Southall are also due to play alongside a supporting cast from the entertainment world – Eastenders actor Terry Alderton, actor Ralf Little, X-Factor finalist Sam Callahan, Groundforce’s Tommy Walsh and Gordon Ramsey lookalike Martin Jordan.
Stacey’s father Warren Mowle said: “Stacey is a fanatical Spurs supporter like myself and her brother Jake, so staging such a prestigious sporting event to help her will be a tremendous boost to our campaign.”
It is hoped that Stacey will be well enough on the day to attend and present The Stacey Mowle Challenge Cup to the winning team.
- 1 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 2 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 3 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 4 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Tickets are available at just £3 per person for adults, children and senior citizens, while a family ticket for two adults and two children costs £10.
These can be purchased through the website www.nld4stacey.co.uk/tickets, while a limited number of VIP tickets can be bought for £45 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details on Stacey, her fight against Neuroblastoma and the big match, visit www.thestaceymowleappeal.co.uk.
The final list of players cannot be confirmed until the day of the contest.