North London Muslim Community Centre to hold election hustings in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Supplied by Hackney Council
A leading Muslim organisation in the north of Hackney will hold an election hustings on Wednesday night.
The North London Muslim Community Centre (NLMCC) is hosting the event after running successful debates ahead of last year’s general election and the mayoral election in 2016.
This time it will feature Labour’s mayoral candidate Phil Glanville and Tory hopeful Imtiaz Lunat. Green and Lib Dem candidates will also now appear after initially failing to respond to the invitation. They are Alastair Binnie-Lubbock for the Greens and Pauline Pearce from the Liberal Democrats.
The event will take place from 6.30pm to 8pm at the NLMCC headquarters in Cazenove Road.
Cazenove ward candidates have also been invited to share their vision for the area.
Questions can be emailed before the event to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the event is open to all.
Light refreshments will be provided, and guests are invited to attend from 7:45pm.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 9 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 10 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police