North London Muslim Community Centre to hold election hustings in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Supplied by Hackney Council
A leading Muslim organisation in the north of Hackney will hold an election hustings on Wednesday night.
The North London Muslim Community Centre (NLMCC) is hosting the event after running successful debates ahead of last year’s general election and the mayoral election in 2016.
This time it will feature Labour’s mayoral candidate Phil Glanville and Tory hopeful Imtiaz Lunat. Green and Lib Dem candidates will also now appear after initially failing to respond to the invitation. They are Alastair Binnie-Lubbock for the Greens and Pauline Pearce from the Liberal Democrats.
The event will take place from 6.30pm to 8pm at the NLMCC headquarters in Cazenove Road.
Cazenove ward candidates have also been invited to share their vision for the area.
You may also want to watch:
Questions can be emailed before the event to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the event is open to all.
Light refreshments will be provided, and guests are invited to attend from 7:45pm.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web