North London Muslim Community Centre to hold election hustings in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Supplied by Hackney Council
A leading Muslim organisation in the north of Hackney will hold an election hustings on Wednesday night.
The North London Muslim Community Centre (NLMCC) is hosting the event after running successful debates ahead of last year’s general election and the mayoral election in 2016.
This time it will feature Labour’s mayoral candidate Phil Glanville and Tory hopeful Imtiaz Lunat. Green and Lib Dem candidates will also now appear after initially failing to respond to the invitation. They are Alastair Binnie-Lubbock for the Greens and Pauline Pearce from the Liberal Democrats.
The event will take place from 6.30pm to 8pm at the NLMCC headquarters in Cazenove Road.
Cazenove ward candidates have also been invited to share their vision for the area.
You may also want to watch:
Questions can be emailed before the event to email@example.com, and the event is open to all.
Light refreshments will be provided, and guests are invited to attend from 7:45pm.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses