North London Muslim Community Centre to hold election hustings in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Supplied by Hackney Council
A leading Muslim organisation in the north of Hackney will hold an election hustings on Wednesday night.
The North London Muslim Community Centre (NLMCC) is hosting the event after running successful debates ahead of last year’s general election and the mayoral election in 2016.
This time it will feature Labour’s mayoral candidate Phil Glanville and Tory hopeful Imtiaz Lunat. Green and Lib Dem candidates will also now appear after initially failing to respond to the invitation. They are Alastair Binnie-Lubbock for the Greens and Pauline Pearce from the Liberal Democrats.
The event will take place from 6.30pm to 8pm at the NLMCC headquarters in Cazenove Road.
Cazenove ward candidates have also been invited to share their vision for the area.
You may also want to watch:
Questions can be emailed before the event to email@example.com, and the event is open to all.
Light refreshments will be provided, and guests are invited to attend from 7:45pm.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's