Nugent takes charge of Leyton Orient on Saturday
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Assistant boss Kevin Nugent will step into the breach left by Russell Slade for the clash with Rochdale on Saturday
Leyton Orient assistant boss Kevin Nugent will take charge of Saturday’s League One match against Rochdale at Brisbane Road on Saturday following the departure of boss Russell Slade.
Slade resigned on Wednesday night after being refused permission to speak to Cardiff City about their vacant managerial role, and he was spotted at the Cardiff training ground this morning.
The caretaker manager role will not be a new thing for former O’s player Nugent, as it will be the third time he has taken on the role since returning to Brisbane Road in 2007 as youth team manager.
He stepped into the breach in January 2009 when Martin Ling and assistant Dean Smith were fired, winning once in four games.
You may also want to watch:
And then he was called on again in April 2010 when Geraint Williams was relieved of his duties, taking charge of a 2-1 defeat by Southampton before returning to the assistant boss job after the appointment of Slade.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains