Nugent takes charge of Leyton Orient on Saturday
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Assistant boss Kevin Nugent will step into the breach left by Russell Slade for the clash with Rochdale on Saturday
Leyton Orient assistant boss Kevin Nugent will take charge of Saturday’s League One match against Rochdale at Brisbane Road on Saturday following the departure of boss Russell Slade.
Slade resigned on Wednesday night after being refused permission to speak to Cardiff City about their vacant managerial role, and he was spotted at the Cardiff training ground this morning.
The caretaker manager role will not be a new thing for former O’s player Nugent, as it will be the third time he has taken on the role since returning to Brisbane Road in 2007 as youth team manager.
He stepped into the breach in January 2009 when Martin Ling and assistant Dean Smith were fired, winning once in four games.
You may also want to watch:
And then he was called on again in April 2010 when Geraint Williams was relieved of his duties, taking charge of a 2-1 defeat by Southampton before returning to the assistant boss job after the appointment of Slade.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney