Nugent takes charge of Leyton Orient on Saturday
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Assistant boss Kevin Nugent will step into the breach left by Russell Slade for the clash with Rochdale on Saturday
Leyton Orient assistant boss Kevin Nugent will take charge of Saturday’s League One match against Rochdale at Brisbane Road on Saturday following the departure of boss Russell Slade.
Slade resigned on Wednesday night after being refused permission to speak to Cardiff City about their vacant managerial role, and he was spotted at the Cardiff training ground this morning.
The caretaker manager role will not be a new thing for former O’s player Nugent, as it will be the third time he has taken on the role since returning to Brisbane Road in 2007 as youth team manager.
He stepped into the breach in January 2009 when Martin Ling and assistant Dean Smith were fired, winning once in four games.
You may also want to watch:
And then he was called on again in April 2010 when Geraint Williams was relieved of his duties, taking charge of a 2-1 defeat by Southampton before returning to the assistant boss job after the appointment of Slade.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea