Nugent takes charge of Leyton Orient on Saturday
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Assistant boss Kevin Nugent will step into the breach left by Russell Slade for the clash with Rochdale on Saturday
Leyton Orient assistant boss Kevin Nugent will take charge of Saturday’s League One match against Rochdale at Brisbane Road on Saturday following the departure of boss Russell Slade.
Slade resigned on Wednesday night after being refused permission to speak to Cardiff City about their vacant managerial role, and he was spotted at the Cardiff training ground this morning.
The caretaker manager role will not be a new thing for former O’s player Nugent, as it will be the third time he has taken on the role since returning to Brisbane Road in 2007 as youth team manager.
He stepped into the breach in January 2009 when Martin Ling and assistant Dean Smith were fired, winning once in four games.
You may also want to watch:
And then he was called on again in April 2010 when Geraint Williams was relieved of his duties, taking charge of a 2-1 defeat by Southampton before returning to the assistant boss job after the appointment of Slade.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space