Nursery and college from Clapton forge new partnership
- Credit: Archant
A day nursery has buddied up with a sixth form college to encourage students to choose a career in childcare.
Manager Tara Burgin and Lauren McKenzie from the ABC Nursery in Downs Road, Lower Clapton, visited BSix in Kenninghall Road last week.
They were there to share knowledge and experiences of their job with 40 youngsters who may be thinking about working with children.
It came after a recently-struck deal that will see the nursery hold staff slots for young students who have kids themselves.
The students got a taste of what to expect and Tara said it was a great way to help young people get a foot in the door.
You may also want to watch:
“The session was inspirational and enthusing and gave students a basis for thinking about working with young children,” she said.
The college’s employment coordinator Jane Sacco said the session gave students a great base to start thinking about the skills needed for nursery work.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems