Nursery and college from Clapton forge new partnership
- Credit: Archant
A day nursery has buddied up with a sixth form college to encourage students to choose a career in childcare.
Manager Tara Burgin and Lauren McKenzie from the ABC Nursery in Downs Road, Lower Clapton, visited BSix in Kenninghall Road last week.
They were there to share knowledge and experiences of their job with 40 youngsters who may be thinking about working with children.
It came after a recently-struck deal that will see the nursery hold staff slots for young students who have kids themselves.
The students got a taste of what to expect and Tara said it was a great way to help young people get a foot in the door.
“The session was inspirational and enthusing and gave students a basis for thinking about working with young children,” she said.
The college’s employment coordinator Jane Sacco said the session gave students a great base to start thinking about the skills needed for nursery work.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney