Nursery and college from Clapton forge new partnership
- Credit: Archant
A day nursery has buddied up with a sixth form college to encourage students to choose a career in childcare.
Manager Tara Burgin and Lauren McKenzie from the ABC Nursery in Downs Road, Lower Clapton, visited BSix in Kenninghall Road last week.
They were there to share knowledge and experiences of their job with 40 youngsters who may be thinking about working with children.
It came after a recently-struck deal that will see the nursery hold staff slots for young students who have kids themselves.
The students got a taste of what to expect and Tara said it was a great way to help young people get a foot in the door.
You may also want to watch:
“The session was inspirational and enthusing and gave students a basis for thinking about working with young children,” she said.
The college’s employment coordinator Jane Sacco said the session gave students a great base to start thinking about the skills needed for nursery work.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service