Objections to booze licence for Dalston restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Residents say they are “too intimidated to report crime” after an “explosion” of night-time activity in their area, which is a popular club hotspot.
Rio Cross Residents Association made the statement in a letter objecting to a licensing application submitted by a restaurant in Bradbury Street, Dalston.The 25-capacity Tuck Inn Canteen has had its application approved to serve alcohol from midday to 10.30pm from Tuesday to Sunday and to play music from Thursday to Sunday.
But residents said: “Our objection is based on the reality that Bradbury Street already has too many licensed premises, leading to high levels of anti-social behaviour (ASB) and negative impacts both on residents and on daytime businesses.
“Granting this licence would add to the cumulative impact, leading to an increase in crime and disorder and public nuisance as well as risks to public safety and potential harm to young people.”
The letter also states at a ward forum meeting on June 29, some local residents and business owners in Bradbury Street said that they felt “too intimidated to report crime” and reporting ASB in the past has had “no effect”.
You may also want to watch:
The Tuck Inn Canteen application said it was “a community-centric business and the proprietor had grown up locally with intimate knowledge of the locale and its residents.” It added that it would work closely with the police to “maintain harmony in the neighbourhood”.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'