Old Street crash: woman cyclist critically ill
A female cyclist has been seriously injured after being involved in a collision with a lorry at the Old Street roundabout in Shoreditch during rush hour this morning (February 24).
Paramedics treated the woman after the crash, which happened shortly before 7.45am.
She was taken to the Royal London Hospital suffering injuries to her head, chest and pelvis.
Two bicycles can be seen leaning on railings at the side of the road and two cycling helmets along with clothes and shoes are scattered on the tarmac on the east side of the roundabout.
A large ‘for hire’ construction truck is parked nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers have cordonned off surrounding roads as they investigate.
Old Street is closed and traffic is queuing westbound between the Great Eastern Street junction and Old Street roundabout. Congestion is also affecting City Road and the A11 from Braham Street to the Commercial Road.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 3 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 4 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 5 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 8 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
Join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign by going to the homepage and clicking on the campaign logo.