Old Street roundabout cement mixer crash: Police appeal for witnesses as cyclist remains ‘critical’ in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision at Old Street roundabout between a cement mixer and a cyclist, which has left her fighting for her life.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm yesterday.
The woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, and remains in a critical but stable condition.
Her next-of-kin are aware.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
DC Amy Trencher from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, who is leading the investigation, said: “The collision took place in a busy area and I am confident that someone saw the incident take place.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has footage of the incident to help us build a picture of what happened.”
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 7 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 8 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101 and quote CAD 5013/25JUL or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.