Old Street roundabout cement mixer crash: Police appeal for witnesses as cyclist remains ‘critical’ in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision at Old Street roundabout between a cement mixer and a cyclist, which has left her fighting for her life.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm yesterday.
The woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, and remains in a critical but stable condition.
Her next-of-kin are aware.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
DC Amy Trencher from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, who is leading the investigation, said: “The collision took place in a busy area and I am confident that someone saw the incident take place.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has footage of the incident to help us build a picture of what happened.”
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101 and quote CAD 5013/25JUL or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.