Old Street roundabout cement mixer crash: Police appeal for witnesses as cyclist remains ‘critical’ in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision at Old Street roundabout between a cement mixer and a cyclist, which has left her fighting for her life.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm yesterday.
The woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, and remains in a critical but stable condition.
Her next-of-kin are aware.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
DC Amy Trencher from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, who is leading the investigation, said: “The collision took place in a busy area and I am confident that someone saw the incident take place.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has footage of the incident to help us build a picture of what happened.”
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101 and quote CAD 5013/25JUL or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.