Old Street roundabout cement mixer crash: Police appeal for witnesses as cyclist remains ‘critical’ in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision at Old Street roundabout between a cement mixer and a cyclist, which has left her fighting for her life.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm yesterday.
The woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, and remains in a critical but stable condition.
Her next-of-kin are aware.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
DC Amy Trencher from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, who is leading the investigation, said: “The collision took place in a busy area and I am confident that someone saw the incident take place.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has footage of the incident to help us build a picture of what happened.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101 and quote CAD 5013/25JUL or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.