Old Street roundabout cement mixer crash: Police appeal for witnesses as cyclist remains ‘critical’ in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision at Old Street roundabout between a cement mixer and a cyclist, which has left her fighting for her life.
Police, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at 3.30pm yesterday.
The woman, aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, and remains in a critical but stable condition.
Her next-of-kin are aware.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
DC Amy Trencher from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, who is leading the investigation, said: “The collision took place in a busy area and I am confident that someone saw the incident take place.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has footage of the incident to help us build a picture of what happened.”
- 1 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 2 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
Witnesses or anyone with information should call 101 and quote CAD 5013/25JUL or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.